Infraction Widen rear end

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of agree with ya.
Except that those Felony Rear 53/107mm wheels suck overall for traction. I have tried them on all 4's. They are far from all that. (n)
And the added Ride height (107mm) alone, poses a challenge.
I totally agree. I ran the 53/107’s on a street build at all four corners. They totally sucked, I’m not sure why. Went back to the 100’s and it was fine. The 53/107 is just a “weird” tire, handling wise. They looked cool as hell, but made the car suck.

I already bought the GPM hub extenders. For ~$13 it is hard to go wrong but I'll probably pick up a set of these wheels so I can do a comparison shot.
don't feel too bad! buying grps is cheaper once you already have the extensions. I do think the hoons look cooler though :eek:

Said the same. Looks so nice. On the shelf.:giggle:
Yet just suck. (n)
I think the way they mfr'ed them, they just don't equate to the 42/100 Hoons compounds at all. Compounds don't translate among these 2 sized Hoons. Like they are for a different, larger Scale. Arrma should have kept the diameter the same. And made them in a Zero offset, or closer to the 42/100 Hoon offset.
Arrma was just looking for that cool Felony Hoonigan style "Look". A fail IMHO.
All Form, little Function. (n)
And at the front end, Steering is so horrible. Just too wide and this changes the Front tires' Scrub Angle Radius for the worst. Too much positive scrub angle. And it can't be dialed out with a simple Caster change. Tried it all. Pivot ball type suspensions, don't benefit from a Positive scrub angle. Needs to be Negative if anything. At least with Arrma 6s Pivot Ball setups. Arrma PB's inherently causes enough unwanted "Pushing" out the box, as it is.
:cool:

Last edited:
I thought the larger hoons preformed weird on my typhon as well. I kind of liked em but I didn't like how heavy they were compared to normal hoons. Increased motor temps which is one of the main reasons I stopped using them. I thought they were kind of fun to bash around with though.

Said the same. Looks so nice. On the shelf.:giggle:
Yet just suck. (n)
I think the way they mfr'ed them, they just don't equate to the 42/100 Hoons compounds at all. Compounds don't translate among these 2 sized Hoons. Like they are for a different, larger Scale. Arrma should have kept the diameter the same.
Arrma was just looking for that cool Felony Hoonigan style "Look". A fail IMHO.
All Form, little Function. (n)
And at the front end, Steering is so horrible. Just too wide and this changes the Front tire scrub Angle radius for the worst. Too much positive scrub angle. And it can't be dialed out with a simple Caster change. Tried it all.
:cool:
Yeah, I’m definitely guilty of “form over function” sometimes. But you gotta admit, Arrma nailed it aesthetically with the Felony. That thing looks bada$$!
But yes, pretty much everyone says the Infraction handles much better than the Felony.

Yeah, I’m definitely guilty of “form over function” sometimes. But you gotta admit, Arrma nailed it aesthetically with the Felony. That thing looks bada$$!
But yes, pretty much everyone says the Infraction handles much better than the Felony.
I actually tried 1/5th grps on the rear and 1/8th in front. It was hilarious, too bad it ended up being too uncontrollable 😔

I start by saying I prefer GRP tires.

This is what I did on the VTE2 which is similar to the infraction or Limitless.
These power hobby grippers are the same 100mm diameter front and rear but the rear has the dish offset that is much wider to fit the felony-sized bodies.
CF Wing.PNG

I can say they are ok tires and held up to 70 mph, but I didn't push them beyond that.

I used these ( also changed the rear) so I too could get away from the crappy wide tires and use the C8 body.
Hobbypark 17mm Aluminum Wheel Hubs Hex Kit 23MM Extension Adapter for 1/8 RC Hobby Car Buggy Monster Truck (Set of 4) https://a.co/d/a6f6H55

Can an Infraction body fit a Felony?

Oh wait...that wouldn't work...it would have been too easy...but would be a great excuse to fabricate/3D print fatter guards.

Last edited:
I start by saying I prefer GRP tires.

This is what I did on the VTE2 which is similar to the infraction or Limitless.
These power hobby grippers are the same 100mm diameter front and rear but the rear has the dish offset that is much wider to fit the felony-sized bodies.
View attachment 309569

I can say they are ok tires and held up to 70 mph, but I didn't push them beyond that.
I got a set of those as well, they’re pretty decent street bashing tires. That’s what I was running until I found out about those 53/100 Hoons. The Grippers look great, too.

I want to widen the rear end of my infraction to match the felony. I know that I can swap over the felony parts, change the gearing, etc to make the infraction the same, but I'd rather just toss some hub extenders on to match the width.

The whole reason is to run the Protoform C8 corvette body. I don't care about handling, I just bash it around on my street.

Can anyone suggest which hub extenders to get? Admittedly, I'm a noob.
Kraton hubs, hexes and axle. That is what i plat to do when i want to alternate beetwen the nascar body and the corvette body Perfect fit

This is with the ARA550102 rear wheels. I'm thrilled with the look. I'm in love with this body.

Protoform C8 body painted with Tamiya PS-61 (metallic orange) backed with Tamiya PS-12 (silver).

View attachment 313726

View attachment 313727
The body is a bit crooked in the rear. How does it handle? If those tire# come in stock might give them a shot so that i don't have to keep switching hubs and hexes to go from infraction to felony when i want to

Calculating the speeds using the factory gearing there's over a 7 MPH variance between the front and rear tires. The gearing can easily be corrected to allow the Felony to run a center spool and potentially a rear locker for bashing. This cheap and easy mod will make the car handle better, while helping tire and differential wear. Please check out my video for more!
To fix the gearing, just swap the front input gear out with this - GP6
Thank you!
Felony Gearing Fix

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back