Outcast Wing mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I've read there is great benefit to less broken wing mounts running the wing mount and wheelie bar alone without the actual wing is there any truth to it? And also would that put more stress on the shock tower or body itself? Let me know your guys thoughts and personal experience with this

I've never run without the wing but I break wing mounts. All of em. I just buy stock and keep spares.
I wouldn't be opposed to running without the wing on Talion but like it there as it is. Looks weird without it.
I have a Russian body I need to fit for my Noto and may give up the wing on that one.
imo, ...wheelie bar is practical but the wing functions only to break the mount for me. Talion wing pulls/rips off often and it's an easy fix and I like that it comes off.
My Noto wing mount gets weird and bent and for this truck I would like to have wheelies bar only.

I've never run without the wing but I break wing mounts. All of em. I just buy stock and keep spares.
I wouldn't be opposed to running without the wing on Talion but like it there as it is. Looks weird without it.
I have a Russian body I need to fit for my Noto and may give up the wing on that one.
imo, ...wheelie bar is practical but the wing functions only to break the mount for me. Talion wing pulls/rips off often and it's an easy fix and I like that it comes off.
My Noto wing mount gets weird and bent and for this truck I would like to have wheelies bar only.
I kinda like the way the outcast looks with just the wheelie bar i was surprised my wing mount lasted 4 months of hard bashing and wing landings and it didn't break to a bad landing i clipped my girls noto coming off a jump and she clipped the wing mount and ripped it off lol but i might try it without the wing i just didn't know if it put more stress on the tower and bulkhead because of less protection from the wing

I kinda like the way the outcast looks with just the wheelie bar i was surprised my wing mount lasted 4 months of hard bashing and wing landings and it didn't break to a bad landing i clipped my girls noto coming off a jump and she clipped the wing mount and ripped it off lol but i might try it without the wing i just didn't know if it put more stress on the tower and bulkhead because of less protection from the wing
Right on. When I fit that Russian lid on, I'm gonna avoid the wing and hope it's sturdy enough to take the hits. I want to find a wheelie bar upgrade but haven't looked hard yet.

Right on. When I fit that Russian lid on, I'm gonna avoid the wing and hope it's sturdy enough to take the hits. I want to find a wheelie bar upgrade but haven't looked hard yet.
Where and how much was your body for the outcast? I need one of them

It's the original Outcast design. Not sure if it shows up right for you.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/unbreakabl...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

It's cheaper to buy direct from him Www.probodyrc.ru

The wing mounts for these are stupid and fragile. I had one break right after I landed a jump one time. Landed totally on the wheels and the wing mount just snapped off.

The wing mounts for these are stupid and fragile. I had one break right after I landed a jump one time. Landed totally on the wheels and the wing mount just snapped off.

I agree, extremely fragile wing mounts. Mine snapped on an unintentional wheelie. Using RPM now, hopefully they last longer

Haven't run them long, but the RPM are definitely holding up better than stock, even in the cold weather. Tail landings will take their toll, but no wing will rip the rear of the body to shreds if you start flipping over.

Haven't run them long, but the RPM are definitely holding up better than stock, even in the cold weather. Tail landings will take their toll, but no wing will rip the rear of the body to shreds if you start flipping over.
Even if you leave the wheelie bar on?

Even if you leave the wheelie bar on?
If you take the wing off, then flip your truck upside down, you'll notice that the wing mount arms are lower than the body. If you leave the wheelie bar on and keep it shiny side up all the time, no problem. But these trucks are circus level flipping machines, and your going to end up upside down more often than not. The rear body mounts will take the heaviest beating, and inevitably, so will the top of the bed of the truck. There's also a much better chance that you'll break those wing mount arms if you cartwheel, flip or land on them. The wing takes a lot of the impact without expelling all the force into the arms. Then again, I'm no physicist, and I'm going by eye from what I can see in the design. You take your wing off, bash a few times, and let us know how it goes. Post the pics when you're done. We will fill your notifications with likes and smiles for the effort.;)

If you take the wing off, then flip your truck upside down, you'll notice that the wing mount arms are lower than the body. If you leave the wheelie bar on and keep it shiny side up all the time, no problem. But these trucks are circus level flipping machines, and your going to end up upside down more often than not. The rear body mounts will take the heaviest beating, and inevitably, so will the top of the bed of the truck. There's also a much better chance that you'll break those wing mount arms if you cartwheel, flip or land on them. The wing takes a lot of the impact without expelling all the force into the arms. Then again, I'm no physicist, and I'm going by eye from what I can see in the design. You take your wing off, bash a few times, and let us know how it goes. Post the pics when you're done. We will fill your notifications with likes and smiles for the effort.;)
Lol i might give it a shot i ordered 2 rpm wing mounts hopefully they hold up

I paid $60 or 65 using a % off ebay coupon

first i gotta have the wing. it just looks bitchen!. lol I've run into the same problem, the stock wing mounts seem to break easy. i"ve been running rpm wing mounts here in idaho all winter long, trust me im the king of bad landings. im still runinng the first pair sense x-mas. i feel the plastic is more flexable then stock, we run the cars at least 3 times or more a week. no slacker here. i think i broke 3 stock mounts in 2 weeks when i first got that car. lol, but went thruogh a lot more then that. im not going to say the total. lol.. im not proud of it. lol. i finally ordered the rpm wing mounts and i have not look back sense. there is not much of a price difference. all you could do is try it out. Good luck and fly high!!

first i gotta have the wing. it just looks bitchen!. lol I've run into the same problem, the stock wing mounts seem to break easy. i"ve been running rpm wing mounts here in idaho all winter long, trust me im the king of bad landings. im still runinng the first pair sense x-mas. i feel the plastic is more flexable then stock, we run the cars at least 3 times or more a week. no slacker here. i think i broke 3 stock mounts in 2 weeks when i first got that car. lol, but went thruogh a lot more then that. im not going to say the total. lol.. im not proud of it. lol. i finally ordered the rpm wing mounts and i have not look back sense. there is not much of a price difference. all you could do is try it out. Good luck and fly high!!
Stock or RPM wingmounts they both break for me. I cant say one is better than the other. RPM will replace if you send broken one back. I did that. It cost about $10.00 to ship. to them. They always want the old ones back.
Even HH may warranty them??? Who knows. I haven't tried that. I bashed I crashed and it broke. User error.
Boil the RPM's in water. They are supposed to get more flexible. But still do bend a lot before they crack. Been there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back