XLX2 Excessive Load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greengaunja

Ise da by' dat burns da Senton........
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Senton 3s
Anyone have any idea what would prompt the error beep(short long long) for excessive load if there is no load? In fact, the motor isn't mounted yet and and the rotor turns by hand so it isn't bound up. Been trying to figure this out since yesterday after my lhs wrapped up the soldering for me.
Additional notations: when applying throttle(before getting error beeps) it's like the motor cogs. The shaft slightly turns, maybe 1/2-1 rotation then stops. This happens instantly. If I try applying throttle again, the motor wires jerk. Found the last one odd as I haven't seen that before. Also, the binding and calibration process both went smoothly with no issues. Transmitter (RL&new rc7gs)is zeroed out. Both motor(TP 5670) and esc are new. Aux are Rx wires are plugged in properly. Sent castle an email yesterday but still no word yet.

Anyone have any idea what would prompt the error beep(short long long) for excessive load if there is no load? In fact, the motor isn't mounted yet and and the rotor turns by hand so it isn't bound up. Been trying to figure this out since yesterday after my lhs wrapped up the soldering for me.
Additional notations: when applying throttle(before getting error beeps) it's like the motor cogs. The shaft slightly turns, maybe 1/2-1 rotation then stops. This happens instantly. If I try applying throttle again, the motor wires jerk. Found the last one odd as I haven't seen that before. Also, the binding and calibration process both went smoothly with no issues. Transmitter (RL&new rc7gs)is zeroed out. Both motor(TP 5670) and esc are new. Aux are Rx wires are plugged in properly. Sent castle an email yesterday but still no word yet.
New? If not then you might have a bad xlx2 I had a video on the other one that I was using that di this. Ended up being warranty out

New? If not then you might have a bad xlx2 I had a video on the other one that I was using that di this. Ended up being warranty out
Thanks for that info, yep first time powered on was yesterday. I may as well do a video too now because Castle may ask for it. I was really hoping it would be something simple I overlooked. Now my speed builds delayed again

Thanks for that info, yep first time powered on was yesterday. I may as well do a video too now because Castle may ask for it. I was really hoping it would be something simple I overlooked. Now my speed builds delayed again
This is why I have 3 on hand. Never know when one might decide to shoot crap

Nah… lol. Never know when I’ll need one 😂
Hey, when you were getting the excessive load beeps, did you recheck all your settings? One thing I've noticed was there is no sensorless brushless option. Wonder why that is. Cause if you choose it you have to manually turn off the sensor warning beeps. For some reason, mine was set to brushed and i think its because i missed the "UPDATE send to device" step. Every time i finished up it must have went back to dedaults except the smartsense brushless is supposed to be default? That explains the jerking wires now as only two polarized while third was all "f you f them" Could have fried it but it seems to be working now. Motor operates as it should. Might christen the build this evening.

Make sure you have a b and c wires right. Also unplug sensor wire and see if it still does it

Make sure you have a b and c wires right. Also unplug sensor wire and see if it still does it
No, you misunderstood. I'm running a non sensored TP5670. The problem was the esc going back to brushed mode. That one part I don't understand as brushless is supposed to be default. Every time i made changes nothing registered because i missed a step. Now that I've been hitting the Update button, it seems dialed in and working.
In non sensored A B and C are not polarized. So doesn't matter how the are hooked. Thanks anyways though. My issue was mostly a brain fart on my end.

Hey, when you were getting the excessive load beeps, did you recheck all your settings? One thing I've noticed was there is no sensorless brushless option. Wonder why that is. Cause if you choose it you have to manually turn off the sensor warning beeps. For some reason, mine was set to brushed and i think its because i missed the "UPDATE send to device" step. Every time i finished up it must have went back to dedaults except the smartsense brushless is supposed to be default? That explains the jerking wires now as only two polarized while third was all "f you f them" Could have fried it but it seems to be working now. Motor operates as it should. Might christen the build this evening.
Mine never did this. Only the half turns beep and motor wires moved.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back