XLX2 Vertical/sideways/upright mounting options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
The only vertical mount I’ve found for the XLX2 is the JBI one. I’ve searched the forum and the web various ways (vertical mount, sideways mount, upright mount, etc) for other options but have been unsuccessful.
I want aluminum or preferably carbon fibre. I’d make my own but I can’t find any carbon angle large enough.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

The only vertical mount I’ve found for the XLX2 is the JBI one. I’ve searched the forum and the web various ways (vertical mount, sideways mount, upright mount, etc) for other options but have been unsuccessful.
I want aluminum or preferably carbon fibre. I’d make my own but I can’t find any carbon angle large enough.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
What car? Would carbon fiber 3D printing be sufficient?

Aluminum has the benefits of heat conduction over carbon.
I hadn’t considered the heat-sink advantage of aluminum. Thank you.
What car? Would carbon fiber 3D printing be sufficient?
No specific car, it’s a custom build and I’ll be drilling the chassis for it. I don’t have any experience or knowledge with 3d printed carbon. I did find a couple of printed TPU and ABS mounts but I don’t really have the confidence in their ability to keep the ESC from being ejected in a crash. The flat mounts would surely, but the vertical mounts? I’m not very trusting of that.

No specific car, it’s a custom build and I’ll be drilling the chassis for it. I don’t have any experience or knowledge with 3d printed carbon. I did find a couple of printed TPU and ABS mounts but I don’t really have the confidence in their ability to keep the ESC from being ejected in a crash. The flat mounts would surely, but the vertical mounts? I’m not very trusting of that.
Aluminum or true carbon fiber are definitely stronger. However, the right design, print settings, and plastic type would likely hold up well. Usually when you see a 3D part fail it’s because someone screwed up one of those three things.

For example, my x-maxx motor mount is 3D printed and has held up to big bashing. I also use a 3D printed spur gear in my 100mph Rlaarlo and it shows near-zero signs of wear.

I can’t remember - did you end up buying a 3D printer?

I can’t remember - did you end up buying a 3D printer?
No, I was gifted one but I still haven’t taken it out of the box. I will soon. It was a gift from my brother in law who used it for about a year before upgrading and it’s very much an “entry level” printer, but I hope to gain a bit of experience with it and upgrade to something better when I’m comfortable with the process.

No CF angle? Hold my beer...
Carbon Fiber Tube, High Strength 3K Full Carbon Fiber Square Tube OD 10mm 15mm 20mm 22mm 25mm 30mm Plain Glossy Surface 250mm 300mm 500mm 600mm https://a.co/d/hQ2XCjW
This one supplier has a ton of different sizes and thickness square tubes. All we need now is a friend with a bandsaw to rip this diagonally.

Next problem!

On a more serious note, Scorched's aluminum brackets for CF wings would work too with bolts backed up with nuts.
Screenshot_20240414_184431_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
No CF angle? Hold my beer...
Carbon Fiber Tube, High Strength 3K Full Carbon Fiber Square Tube OD 10mm 15mm 20mm 22mm 25mm 30mm Plain Glossy Surface 250mm 300mm 500mm 600mm https://a.co/d/hQ2XCjW
This one supplier has a ton of different sizes and thickness square tubes. All we need now is a friend with a bandsaw to rip this diagonally.

Next problem!

On a more serious note, Scorched's aluminum brackets for CF wings would work too with bolts backed up with nuts.View attachment 360994
I took the easy way out…
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/side-mounting-for-castle-xlx2

Back