XMaxx m2c mount Hw 1100kv gearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a XMaxx with a m2c motor mount and Gpm 35t mod 1.5 spur gear that allows Cush drive. What pinion will work on this setup? I have no idea and don’t want to get one too small or one that will blow up the stock tires

Duplicate the stock gear ratio of the OE spur and pinion. Or something close to it, if you are worried about your tires.... A good place to start. Just some basic math needed.
Not sure if you upgraded much else beside the M2C motor mount and spur there.. If you didn't, try what I stated. Much is still trial and error. To see how it runs. You won't shred your tires if you know how to drive well enough. And most of the time you will need to spend $$ on several pinions to try out. No short cuts here. And what works for others may not work for you.
If you did upgrade the Motor, for instance, then we need more info. This is the Arrma Forum. You might have better luck on the TRX forums? IDK.
You posted this a day ago with no response. So I gave it a try here . I don't have an XMaxx. I think the stock Spur is 42T. Any reason why you went to 35T ?? (GPM one) Maybe should have considered both the Spur and Pinion first, before simply choosing a 35T Spur. Any idea what the "Total Tooth Count" is with the M2C Upgrade mount??
Good luck.:cool:

Last edited:
Duplicate the stock gear ratio of the OE spur and pinion. Or something close to it, if you are worried about your tires.... A good place to start. Just some basic math needed.
Not sure if you upgraded much else beside the M2C motor mount and spur there.. If you didn't, try what I stated. Much is still trial and error. To see how it runs. You won't shred your tires if you know how to drive well enough. And most of the time you will need to spend $$ on several pinions to try out. No short cuts here. And what works for others may not work for you.
If you did upgrade the Motor, for instance, then we need more info. This is the Arrma Forum. You might have better luck on the TRX forums? IDK.
You posted this a day ago with no response. So I gave it a try here . I don't have an XMaxx. I think the stock Spur is 42T. Any reason why you went to 35T ?? (GPM one) Maybe should have considered both the Spur and Pinion first, before simply choosing a 35T Spur. Any idea what the "Total Tooth Count" is with the M2C Upgrade mount??
Good luck.:cool:
The Cush drive reduces shock to the drivetrain and the gpm spur gear doesn’t get rid of the fish drive system like all the other ones on the market. I am installing the Hobbywing 1100kv 5687 motor. The stock motor mount only works for the stock motor. So I ordered a m2c motor mount for it. I ordered a 25 tooth mod 1.5 pinion to go with the mod 1.5 gpm spur. Those are to make the gears capable of withstanding more power. I also ordered some m2c drive cup strengtheners. I post my XMaxx stuff on here cuz one the trx forum sucks and a lot more people on this forum actually have this truck then they admit. I can’t find any definitive ratios for a 35t spur on mod 1.5 anywhere besides one posted on m2c site. The stock spur is a 54 tooth. Also I only got the gpm one cuz the fish drive I want to keep cuz it saves diffs well

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back