šŸ¤” I accidentally ordered an extra TBone vorteks center braceā€¦

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
ā€¦So I made it fit my granite. Whatā€™s the worst could happen aside from šŸ¤¬ up my chassie and towers?

I got creative putting in the mounts. Had just lowered my granite body also and looks so much better. Hacked near 1/4ā€ off each end of the TBone brace to make it fit just right. I used a hack saw so it took awhile and sucked. For mounting I used washers, m3 20mm & m2 30mm bolts and tiny nuts to make tight.

Itā€™ll either work or it wonā€™t šŸ¤Ŗ

D1A519CF-447F-4208-9467-88A98C6D3B0D.jpeg

D5A7A1C4-22C3-44F6-B227-16B2AD3CFB57.jpeg

B73E6F73-BFE4-427E-90A1-D073C73D8D8D.jpeg

3439DCA5-0630-4E43-87C1-9EF49E540943.jpeg

64AA3368-A2D5-43D8-A2B5-ADDE30712CD6.jpeg

8D06E668-13AA-4BD2-99AC-104B557AEAF4.jpeg

E1815DE2-E2EC-493B-8B8A-C266AB839F52.jpeg

F4B083AA-401D-4EAD-8B74-163F05148C31.jpeg

Very cool! Nice modding skills. Do you notice a difference with the brace?

Nope šŸ˜‚ Took it out yesterday and Iā€™ve done so much to the car over the last month (converted the mega granite to 3s and set up for jumping) that I canā€™t tell the benefit of any single upgrade now. All I know is that my wife and I love the Blueberry. It is both our favorite car to drive out of all six of our Arrmas. Weā€™re learning how to jump and taking our time absorbing the skills needed. Up to 15 foot jumps around 10ā€™ vert so far. Slowly but surely lol.

I recently installed the Arrma 4s tower to tower brace. Without the brace if you press both shock towers towers towards each other you can feel the flex. With the brace that flex is gone. I think the only benefit is if for bigger jumps. I've been having a problem because the back end flexes on hard landings. The rear input gear and differential get thrown out of alignment and get damaged. The Hot Racing differential yoke helped but still wasn't enough, so I'm hoping adding the tower to tower brace will prevent it. There is no performance difference, it's just a durability upgrade if you're sustaining damage from chassis flex.

I recently installed the Arrma 4s tower to tower brace. There is a difference. Without the brace if you press both shock towers towers towards each other you can feel the flex. With the brace that flex is gone. I think the only benefit is if for bigger jumps. I've been having a problem because the back end flexes on hard landings. The rear input gear and differential get thrown out of alignment and get damaged. So far so good with the tower to tower brace. There is no performance difference, it's just a durability upgrade if you're sustaining damage from chassis flex.
Sweet, I like hearing this! I know that the chassis brace has an important functionā€¦ just wasnā€™t sure on how to articulate it.

Since my wife and I are both learning how to jump, and this is the car we like to practice with, Iā€™m trying to make it as durable as possible. We both tend to land ass first so sounds like the brace will help much lol. Thanks bud!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back