Hobbywing 3652 in Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xfqrce

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hey everyone I recently put a brushless hobbywing system in my Vorteks 4x2 boost with the upgraded 3S BLX gearbox, motor is equipped with a 15T pinion. I’m a bit hesitant to run it on this motor because I have seen some people saying the 3652 is not enough for the Vorteks meaning higher temperatures and that sorta stuff, Am I ok using the 3652 or should I swap it out?

Hey everyone I recently put a brushless hobbywing system in my Vorteks 4x2 boost with the upgraded 3S BLX gearbox, motor is equipped with a 15T pinion. I’m a bit hesitant to run it on this motor because I have seen some people saying the 3652 is not enough for the Vorteks meaning higher temperatures and that sorta stuff, Am I ok using the 3652 or should I swap it out?
I've run 3652 in a Granite and a Typhon. 15 tooth is too high, it will cog pretty badly. Your best bet is a 12 tooth pinion, it will still cog, but not as bad and will be usable but yeah it's gonna run hot. If you don't have the 4x4 upgrade you will probably be okay actually with the 15 tooth, the 4wd is where the extra power is needed. 3652 isn't too bad for 2wd but yeah if it's 4x4 upgraded you'll need the lower pinion for sure.

I've run 3652 in a Granite and a Typhon. 15 tooth is too high, it will cog pretty badly. Your best bet is a 12 tooth pinion, it will still cog, but not as bad and will be usable but yeah it's gonna run hot. If you don't have the 4x4 upgrade you will probably be okay actually with the 15 tooth, the 4wd is where the extra power is needed. 3652 isn't too bad for 2wd but yeah if it's 4x4 upgraded you'll need the lower pinion for sure.
Yeah I currently have it only on 2WD

Back