1/5 size motor for the Losi DBXL-E 2.0 (for any of the Arrma guys that have a Losi too)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
As I have said in a previous post. I thought about getting the new 1/5 Kraton EXB, but went with the Losi DBXLE-2.0 instead. (I still have a Mojave EXB and 1/8 Kraton EXB). I think the stock speed is fine with the stock 13t pinion. I went ahead and picked up a 14t just to amp it up slightly. My question is this... Are any of you running the Castle XLX2 with either the 2028 800kv or 1100kv castle motor? I would like to put a castle system in it because I like the programing possibilities vs stock. I am unsure if I should just go with the 800kv or if the 1100kv would be more efficient. The stock motor is the same size and is 780kv. The plan is to sell stock motor/esc for a couple hundred bucks and put the castle in. Any thoughts?

I say go for it! I would put the 800 Kv in it personally. I couldn’t tell you if the 1100 is more efficient......that’s outside my wheelhouse.

Do you find that there is not as much info on the webs regarding DBXL upgrades, install processes, general data versus the info on the K8.....which is overly abundant? Seems to be a black hole. I know there’s some stuff out there, but less than I would like.

I was on the fence about getting the XLX2. The manual states QS8 or equivalent connectors.......I’m not willing to convert all my lipos over so I’m going to stay Hobbywing loyal. Not installed yet but the Max5 combo is on order, 800 Kv motor. Got some bigger pinions to try. The stock motor mount has a pinion limitation that I believe is 18T......please correct me if I’m wrong.

To combat this limitation, this gem showed up a few days ago.....allows bigger pinions. Hopefully I can squeeze this 23T in there with the HW 56113 motor.

1A2B4D8B-CC56-4CEB-8800-E5983EF6B5DA.jpeg

cheers,
kev

I currently run EC5 connectors, and I'm sure those will be just fine. I know the 800kv will have more torque, but I believe the 1100kv should still have plenty of torque, probably more than is needed

I have the DBXL-E V1 , put a 15t on it , stock esc / motor it's fine like this but I might try a 17 or 18t . Now recently I put the HW Max 5 and 5687 1100kv in my K8S and WOW !!! IMO , I know everybody has this thing for getting the 800kv motors , but I'm lovin the 1100 .

I have the DBXL-E V1 , put a 15t on it , stock esc / motor it's fine like this but I might try a 17 or 18t . Now recently I put the HW Max 5 and 5687 1100kv in my K8S and WOW !!! IMO , I know everybody has this thing for getting the 800kv motors , but I'm lovin the 1100 .
I laugh at those guys who put the 800kv motors in the kratons and have to gear a 1 to 1 ratio to make it work. The kraton 8s comes with a 1/6 scale motor. At least the dbxle 2.0 actually comes as a true 1/5 scale (besides that rebranded max 6, a little dissapointing)

I have the original DBXL that shipped as a 2 stroke gas rc. I swapped in a castle 2028 and a mmx8s. 21t pinion and 61 spur on 8s. It will run every bit of 50 on smaller than stock tires. The main differences i see are going to be the ratio of the input and ring gear and the center diff gear size. How many teeth are on your center diff gear? What about the input and ring? This combo runs cool as a cucumber and I drive it like I stole it. My esc logs look great in my opinion

1611529854722.png

I have the original DBXL that shipped as a 2 stroke gas rc. I swapped in a castle 2028 and a mmx8s. 21t pinion and 61 spur on 8s. It will run every bit of 50 on smaller than stock tires. The main differences i see are going to be the ratio of the input and ring gear and the center diff gear size. How many teeth are on your center diff gear? What about the input and ring? This combo runs cool as a cucumber and I drive it like I stole it. My esc logs look great in my opinion

View attachment 134158
I know the spur gear is 50, but i ront know about the front and rear diff gears

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back