The Limited Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malice

Doing all kinds of messed up stuff.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Typhon 6s
I've got some down time while I'm waiting on a replacement GPS unit for my Typhon. I've decided to begin working on my Limitless. This is going to be a pavement thrasher in a sense that it will not be used for speed running. My end goal is for her to be able to race around island filled parking lots and still be able to put it down...

No immediate plans to get it on the road, just going to take my time and see where I end up. I call it the "Limited" because I'll probably knee cap it somewhere in the 80 MPH range.

Motor wise I'm going to use the stock BLX 185 2050 motor that I pulled out of my Typhon. I threw a Yeah Racing heatsink on it with a single fan. Castle Creations X 8S will be the heart of the "Limited." I've already stolen the center 34T spool out of it and replace it with a 50T center differential from a Kraton 6S that I got from Jennysrc.

Tires were the first thing that came off. I cannot stand the looks of them with the giant white wall lettering. Replaced the stock Hoons with GRP S4. I'm not really into drifting, donuts or hard launching.

I'll probably get the esc in place this evening and call it a day. I've got a laundry list of things to do and things I don't know I need to do yet. This is the first time in my 42 years that I'm in no rush to get out and play.

20200812_155655.jpg
20200812_175530.jpg

20200817_173157.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Monster X 8s mounted with a cap pack I threw together......JUST IN CASE I CHANGE MY MIND. But she's been named so I'm going to try to stick with it. I had/have an abundance of caps and I really think I just wanted some type of digital display inside the car. I think I bought 10 of those things for 8 bucks. Definitely wish Arrma made the servo mount / receiver box two separate units. I'm going to try fitting a Savox 1230 in it tomorrow. It's a little taller than a normal servo. In my Typhon I ended up making spacers. I'm either going to mill a servo mount or buy one depending upon how strongly I feel about it towards the end. Rotated the motor so the wires would be on top. Made up motor wires and tested for direction. All good. And I'm done for the day. Motor has a 23 pinion on it. That is the biggest I have in my possession right now. 25T is too big, maybe a 24? anyone? bueller?
20200819_134338.jpg

Got the Savox 1230 installed. It ALMOST fit, but ultimately, like the typhon it required spacers. I chucked some delrin into the lathe bored it out and cut them to 5mm. Servo fits great and is as some of you may know, STRONG!! I hve also remove the BLX2050 and installed a 1717 1650KV sensored Castle motor. I've pulled the body... Blue isn't for her. It doesn't match her eyes. I'm working on that now. Hopefully I can finish it all up in the next few weeks. As soon as fall hits, it's on. No parking lot will be safe! Right now i'm explorirng options for the rear wing. Contemplating removing the sides and just installing a carbon fiber wing on top.

20200825_215013.jpg

Juoh(*$hwr l( (think dirty dirty words) I HATE THE INTERNET. Because of the internet, and you people on this forum..... I just bought a pair of 4S CNHL G+ 5000 batteries to run in the Limited. How am I supposed to justify having a 80 MPH CAR running on 33 volts????!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Jason over at CNHL was fantastic to deal with. If it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have know he or that place existed. The batteries seem to do very well from things I've read on this forum. That price point is phenomenal too!! Oh and they're in stock! :)

So I say thank you to each and every member who has contributed something to this forum. There is a wealth of information to be had here and some of you guys aren't half bad people.. hahahahahaha?????

I have managed to get everything where I believe it will stay. Unless I run into issues. I mounted the cap pack on the center support and reinstalled the second battery tray. I don't know if the body will fit now as it is currently undergoing much needed surgery. I'm planning on running (2) 4S CNHL 70C 5000mah packs most of the time, and occasionally I will run a 6S Turnigy 6000mah. If i find that both 4s packs will fit on one side, I might moved them both to the left almost like building a LTO car back in the day. I'm still planning on keeping this as just something to run around the numerous vacant parking lots in my area, so I'm still pushing for 80mph. Hopefully a cool(er) 80mph than if I were primarily running on 6s with different gearing. For now, 23/50 is where she remains. I'm not allowed to take her out until fall anyway (my rule, I bought GRP S4s just for the fall) so I've got some time to do some research.

Questions for anyone that knows or knows someone that knows or knows someone who knows someone who might know ,will a 47T spur gear from the infraction fit on all arrma center diffs? ? I have a spare 6s 50T diff and I wouldn't mind swapping gears.

I have a bit of carbon fiber pre preg and other stuff laying around so I made myself a set of wing uprights. They are thick. 6mm to be exact. Since i'm not aiming for speed, the wind resistance is not a concern of mine.
20200827_165313.jpg
20200827_165340.jpg
I made a wing out of 3mm for my Typhon and I kid you not, my first time out with it, I broke it. Not the wings fault, all driver error. Not wanting to remake these again because of their shear size and angles I just made them beefy. Hopefully I'll never have to find out if it was worth it.

Last edited:
I've got a little more down time. I have 2 busted fans on my ESCs that I'm hoping to get replacements for soon. I was playing around on eBay the other day and I stumbled across these : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skid-plate...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They look awesome so I picked up a set. Now for the long wait until they show up. But hey, Im in no rush. I've still got this body I need to tackle. I also grabbed a 46T spur gear to swap that 50 out and run a 27/46 or whatever the smallest fits and work my way up. Still screaming cool 80mph in my mind. @jondilly1974 don't you have a kraton 8s fan setup on your 1717? Do you know if it will fit in the Limited. Do you even think it will be necessary?
s-l1600.jpg

I've got a little more down time. I have 2 busted fans on my ESCs that I'm hoping to get replacements for soon. I was playing around on eBay the other day and I stumbled across these : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skid-plate-chassi-for-Arrma-Limitless-Infraction-Aluminum/133338567412?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They look awesome so I picked up a set. Now for the long wait until they show up. But hey, Im in no rush. I've still got this body I need to tackle. I also grabbed a 46T spur gear to swap that 50 out and run a 27/46 or whatever the smallest fits and work my way up. Still screaming cool 80mph in my mind. @jondilly1974 don't you have a kraton 8s fan setup on your 1717? Do you know if it will fit in the Limited. Do you even think it will be necessary?
View attachment 96886
From my limited experience with the 1717 so far, it runs warmer than the K8S motor and the K6S motor, so I would think a heatsink and fan will probably be needed. I don’t have a Limitless/Infraction/Felony to be able to tell you for sure that the K8S fan will fit there, but my guess is if the fan is to the side it should fit. ??‍♂️??

From my limited experience with the 1717 so far, it runs warmer than the K8S motor and the K6S motor, so I would think a heatsink and fan will probably be needed. I don’t have a Limitless/Infraction/Felony to be able to tell you for sure that the K8S fan will fit there, but my guess is if the fan is to the side it should fit. ??‍♂️??

I'll be the guinea pig and find out! Thanks for getting back to me!

Bunch of stuff for the Limited and the Typhon today. Most importantly for the Limited was the 46T spur gear. My 4s CHNL G+ 5000 70C packs came in as well. The resistance on the first pack was phenomenal. Not so much on the second, but is that enough to even be concerned by? All were around 3.8* volts when they arrived perfectly packaged and fast. Got the 46T spur in and plugged up the batteries just to see it say 30 anything and then immediately put it back in the closet. 23/46 combo right now.

As for the batteries. I'm charging them up now and I'm going to run them in another car individually just to check them out.

20200831_152314.jpg

20200831_164124.jpg

20200831_164200.jpg

20200831_160622.jpg

20200831_163736.jpg

Finally grabbed some 40mm Sanyo high CFM fans. I've wired them to a male 4S balance plug. They're only 12v fans, but i have one sitting on my desk that has been running constantly since yesterday. It's not even warm. Toying around with fan covers ideas for now. Ill probably make a PLA mount for now then machine a final version out of aluminum. I need something adjustable until I find the right pinion range for my car then I can spend a little more energy on a machined heatsink for dual 40s. Grabbed a GPS mount off thingiverse

20200923_130043.jpg

20200925_105347.jpg

20200925_141837.jpg

Last edited:
Skid plates came in from Brazil. They look good. For now...I've been toying around with different mounts for my fans.....mostly playing with my printer. I've decided on a yellow mount with black grills. Nothing fancy just something that doesn't block a lot of air. I've made a mock up mount that ill hopefully get to test fit and adjust later this week. It'll bolt in using the front bolts that keep the skirting attached.
20201006_021039.jpg
20201006_022711.jpg
20201005_002125.jpg

Last edited:
Skid plates came in from Brazil. They look good. For now...I've been toying around with different mounts for my fans.....mostly playing with my printer. I've decided on a yellow mount with black grills. Nothing fancy just something that doesn't block a lot of air. I've made a mock up mount that ill hopefully get to test fit and adjust later this week. It'll bolt in using the front bolts that keep the skirting attached.
View attachment 103280View attachment 103281View attachment 103282
I went with a dual 40 mount as well, but have them 90 degrees opposed

F1F00B98-2D84-4F10-AFA4-303B37901C4C.jpeg

Petg housing? How does it hold up to heat? If
So far so good. I’ve tried using PLA and it just warps after a few passes. PETG seems to last plenty long enough.

U should selling thoes ror various motors, I would buy one or many in a heart beat, looks really good, luv how U opposed them.
Thanks but if I was doing this as a job I would lose the satisfaction. This is just a hobby for me, but I do appreciate your compliment. ✌?

Took her out for the first time this morning. 23/46 gear ratio. This thing is quick. Ran the batteries down to 3.87vpc and thermal kicked in on the motor. I had the cut off set too low 150. That was at the end of the pack or at least the end of me running. I bumped the temp up to 180. Looks like I'll be able to keep this gear ratio for a while. S4 took a bit to heat up, but when they did, she stayed planted.

I'm happy!! I haven't finished my body yet. Ran into a lot of issue with vinyl wrapping the limitless shell. It has a lot of bends/curve/weird angles.

I'm going to 3D print some front skirts to try to keep stuff from entering the chassis. I picked up a lot of leaves and pine straw!
1603049186416.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back