Kraton 1/7 Big Rock body for Kraton XL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Good evening ladies and nerds, I have a thought I would like to run past the aggregate. I’m in the middle of building an XL Kraton, I wanted it to be talion, but my ambitions were complicated by conflicting information I was receiving.
Anyways I’m thinking the new Big Rock body would be an ideal fit, I don’t like the big gap I see on a lot of builds, looks to me… like someone settled. This project is my new baby, it’s gonna be a ridiculous, expensive, heavily upgraded, shelfqueenesque, build. Can anybody think of a reason why it would be a bad idea? Like I would put the body clip on the front and I think the Mojave mounts I already have will just work for the rear anyway. Most importantly I need there to be a wing. i find RCs without wings suspicious, they just look… wrong . Like a golden retriever with a snipped tail. The big rock should be the perfect length though right… am I right? Or are these ramblings of the cognitively impaired?

IMG_3347.jpeg

IMG_3346.png

I mentioned this elsewhere. I would definitely run the front Mojave body mount if it were me and possible. Front body pins/posts are better I think, however it is done, with some modding.. Better than that 1/7 BR OE setup IMO.

I mentioned this elsewhere. I would definitely run the front Mojave body mount if it were me and possible. Front body pins/posts are better I think, however it is done, with some modding.. Better than that 1/7 BR OE setup IMO.
I’ve heard the front clip is problematic actually. But keep in mind this is a shelf queen type build, this truck will not be bashed. Not by me anyways, that being said I always strive to build the very best all around build I can achieve. Like it can’t just look pretty it has to be first and foremost an absolute weapon, meaning it has to have the best possible power to weight ration, weight control considerations where possible, upgrades that are well agreed upon to increase performance durability and longevity have to be installed. For example the PPS grub screw motor mount, Scorched hubs and knuckles as well as bulkheads all with the larger bearings etc…
Yet for some reason I seem to be trying to convince myself to allow for a shìtty front body clip lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m telling you Sr, this is gonna be a unit when I’m done, getting the PL Dumont MY paddles, TLR tuneable wing, carbon fibre wherever possible. I’m gonna be checking weights at every turn. Once it’s already, then I will post it here. It’s gonna take a long time.

You know exactly how to build these.
Nothing hap haphazard .
Well thought out. You clearly and specifically want a show piece. Probably the first of its kind so far.
Enjoy the build.

I’ve heard the front clip is problematic actually. But keep in mind this is a shelf queen type build, this truck will not be bashed. Not by me anyways, that being said I always strive to build the very best all around build I can achieve. Like it can’t just look pretty it has to be first and foremost an absolute weapon, meaning it has to have the best possible power to weight ration, weight control considerations where possible, upgrades that are well agreed upon to increase performance durability and longevity have to be installed. For example the PPS grub screw motor mount, Scorched hubs and knuckles as well as bulkheads all with the larger bearings etc…
Yet for some reason I seem to be trying to convince myself to allow for a shìtty front body clip lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m telling you Sr, this is gonna be a unit when I’m done, getting the PL Dumont MY paddles, TLR tuneable wing, carbon fibre wherever possible. I’m gonna be checking weights at every turn. Once it’s already, then I will post it here. It’s gonna take a long time.
Scorchrd rc make a carbon fiber chassis for the mojave and fireteam the same chassis is used on the bigrock
Scorchrd rc make a carbon fiber chassis for the mojave and fireteam the same chassis is used on the bigrock
I'm going to do one in carbon fiber and put a 2150 kv 4s system in it and shelf it probably earplugs all the diffs and gear it down for slow roll and light crawling but absolutely to bashing lol most expensive body I've ever bought

I used a jbi chassis, basherqueen fireteam towers and t2t brace, mmx8s with a tp4070 2250kv motor, 35kg amazon special servo, m2c bladerless internals in fireteam shocks, m2c stand offs and center braces, treal hinge pin blocks, and hot racing on the front and rear for the super bash bumper style attachments.

br6s.jpg

Back