Typhon 1/8 Typhon 6s seems physically small?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunRc

Reaction score
Having a Granite 3s, Big Rock 3s and Kraton 6s, I decided to give the 1/8 Typhon 6s a go..
It came in and wow it's more the size of the Granite.....Kraton absolutely dwarfs it.
Where did they come up with the "1/8" scale designation for the Typhon?...
Kraton weighs a sizeable 10.7lbs...Typhon comes in at 7.5lbs...quite a difference.
I do like the build of it....quite a few parts are same/similar/borrowed from the Kraton (or other 6s platforms) it seems and it looks far more robust then the 3s line.

What I discovered is that 2x 3s hard-packs will fit but the body will no longer...seems to be a well known issue.
Ran it with 6s (without the body on it) and yikes.....wot is too much.....go's like a banshee....
Since I run 3s hard-packs on everything (personal preference as I don't feel comfy bashing hard with soft-case packs..)...looks like I either stick with 3s and change the gearing, drop in 4s or do both..

Curious to hear what/how other gearheads in the community are running their 6s Typhons..

Having a Granite 3s, Big Rock 3s and Kraton 6s, I decided to give the 1/8 Typhon 6s a go..
It came in and wow it's more the size of the Granite.....Kraton absolutely dwarfs it.
Where did they come up with the "1/8" scale designation for the Typhon?...
Kraton weighs a sizeable 10.7lbs...Typhon comes in at 7.5lbs...quite a difference.
I do like the build of it....quite a few parts are same/similar/borrowed from the Kraton (or other 6s platforms) it seems and it looks far more robust then the 3s line.

What I discovered is that 2x 3s hard-packs will fit but the body will no longer...seems to be a well known issue.
Ran it with 6s (without the body on it) and yikes.....wot is too much.....go's like a banshee....
Since I run 3s hard-packs on everything (personal preference as I don't feel comfy bashing hard with soft-case packs..)...looks like I either stick with 3s and change the gearing, drop in 4s or do both..

Curious to hear what/how other gearheads in the community are running their 6s Typhons..
I've been using the soft 3's to make 6s, as the hard packs don't fit under the body very well and are pretty heavy. Personally I wish the body mounts were just a bit higher to accommodate those hard battery packs. I run 7200mAh 4s 100c hard packs mostly as its not as hard on the components of the Typhon.

In my experience, most mfg "1/8 buggies" are about the size of 1/10 trucks. My Senton is essentially the same size as my TLR Typhon. I run mine on (1) 4S pack 90% of the time. 6S isn't much enjoyable and can't tune out the sliding no matter how hard I tried

In my experience, most mfg "1/8 buggies" are about the size of 1/10 trucks. My Senton is essentially the same size as my TLR Typhon. I run mine on (1) 4S pack 90% of the time. 6S isn't much enjoyable and can't tune out the sliding no matter how hard I tried
When running 6s I am able to keep up with my friends with the Inferno mp9s, but end up either spinning out in the turns, or burning through the batteries quicker.

My Senton 3s seems to tower over thr Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back