Typhon My First 1/8 Buggy! Typhon 6S!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hentoy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Well my first buggy ever! Got a fan and two 4S 5200 120C batteries for now. I also have mud guards from the TLR but no screws for it. This will be my Typhon Adventure thread.! Wish me luck!

0D83304B-8E65-443A-A49F-4A5BB85202B0.jpeg

30075F4B-FF2B-46EA-AE8B-221C8683DF12.jpeg

I have 3 x 6s Typhon and haven't run any of them on 4s yet. I recommend you get a couple of 6s packs for it ASAP. ;)

PXL_20230418_232241487.jpg

I think I managed 68? mph with stock wheels, including speed pinion, on the concrete 35mph 3 lane road in front of my house and it likely had more in it.

Screenshot_20230218-175343.png

PXL_20230218_225552342.PORTRAIT.jpg

That was before I 'Truggified' it to make it wider:

PXL_20230219_210135647.jpg

Here it is now:

PXL_20230324_235030667.jpg

PXL_20230324_235105938.jpg

Here is one of the others I have running 25T Pinion and 40T Spur/Spool with PH Grippers:

PXL_20230409_231905001.PORTRAIT (1).jpg

Screenshot_20230409-192853 (1).png

Last edited:
Thanks You all! I am excited!

I am too scared for 6s, just getting used to 4S! I will do 6S when I’m not afraid to slash this into a wall but for the track I run 4S is almost too fast!

Thanks You all! I am excited!

I am too scared for 6s, just getting used to 4S! I will do 6S when I’m not afraid to slash this into a wall but for the track I run 4S is almost too fast!
Awesome choice & welcome!! 6s Typhon is a great little buggy, I have 3 of em now- all built for different purposes. Enjoy it stock for a while before you dive headfirst down the rabbit hole of modifications- they're incredibly fast & nimble out of the box 😃😍👍🤘

Thank you!

I was curious if these were good tires for street bashing. The stock tires are so slippery on the road.

GRP GTX03-XM7 1:8 GT New Treaded MediumHard (2) Black 20 Spoke Rubber Tires × 2

Anyone have experience with them?

Thank you!

I was curious if these were good tires for street bashing. The stock tires are so slippery on the road.

I am running a set (and have another spare set I got on sale) and they are much better than the stock wheels for pavement. I only have a couple of 6s packs on them currently so I am not sure how long they last yet. You may want/need to gear up to maintain the same top speed as those are 100 mm tall and the stock Katars are about 116 mm tall.

PXL_20230420_235412465.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thank you!

They'll be good for the street. I've got a set on my parking lot ripper right now. They're a little hard outta the gate, but once they get warmed up they're great

20230324_155138.jpg

20230321_161733.jpg

20230321_161721.jpg

I am running a set (and have another spare set I got on sale) and they are much better than the stock wheels for pavement. I only have a couple of 6s packs on them currently so I am not sure how long they last yet. You may want/need to gear up to maintain the same top speed as those are 100 mm tall and the stock Katars are about 116 mm tall.

View attachment 294646
How did you get the clearance in the back, I feel mine have almost none in the back

Well my first buggy ever! Got a fan and two 4S 5200 120C batteries for now. I also have mud guards from the TLR but no screws for it. This will be my Typhon Adventure thread.! Wish me luck!

View attachment 293878

View attachment 293882
Looks great..good luck .enjoy and have fun building then go bash 😁👍
They'll be good for the street. I've got a set on my parking lot ripper right now. They're a little hard outta the gate, but once they get warmed up they're great

View attachment 294658

View attachment 294659

View attachment 294660
Time to rotate them rear tires ..holy smoker 😲
Awesome choice & welcome!! 6s Typhon is a great little buggy, I have 3 of em now- all built for different purposes. Enjoy it stock for a while before you dive headfirst down the rabbit hole of modifications- they're incredibly fast & nimble out of the box 😃😍👍🤘
If he STRETCHES IT then it won't be little no more😁👍

Last edited:
Looks great..good luck .enjoy and have fun building then go bash 😁👍

Time to rotate them rear tires ..holy smoker 😲

If he STRETCHES IT then it won't be little no more😁👍
Dude, you don't have to stretch everything to make them drive well. Have you actually driven your car? Does it work? I'm actually interested in if it will work w/ your wire loom around the center driveshaft. Think it will end up in a huge wad, maybe just me? I've been holding my tongue here 🤷‍♂️

Dude, you don't have to stretch everything to make them drive well. Have you actually driven your car? Does it work? I'm actually interested in if it will work w/ your wire loom around the center driveshaft. Think it will end up in a huge wad, maybe just me? I've been holding my tongue here 🤷‍♂️
I said if he STRETCHES it then it won't be little no more.didnt say it would make it drive better.as for my loom I put it on for looks and I actually did a few passes last night and it held up great..the loom is very snug and tight and not close to the bulk heads so it doesn't interfere .it's just there for looks .. nothing more nothing less.i just got a action camera so as soon as I get a SD card for it I'll do a vid .😁👍

How did you get the clearance in the back, I feel mine have almost none in the back
1 of these on all 4 corners.

2023-04-22_15h43_10.png

My other 2 Typhons are 'Truggified' with Kraton hexes, hubs, and stubs from Jennys for even more width.

PXL_20230409_231905001.PORTRAIT (1).jpg

PXL_20230324_235030667.jpg

I said if he STRETCHES it then it won't be little no more.didnt say it would make it drive better.as for my loom I put it on for looks and I actually did a few passes last night and it held up great..the loom is very snug and tight and not close to the bulk heads so it doesn't interfere .it's just there for looks .. nothing more nothing less.i just got a action camera so as soon as I get a SD card for it I'll do a vid .😁👍
So you really wrapped it around the center driveshaft? Just can't see this being beneficial, I get wanting your rig to look good but why would you sacrifice performance for looks?

So you really wrapped it around the center driveshaft? Just can't see this being beneficial, I get wanting your rig to look good but why would you sacrifice performance for looks?
It's not beneficial at all besides it looks cool to me.but I also haven't hit over 50 with it on .which was just a few times .since then I took it off. The loom was extremely tight and never budged and I made sure it wasnt going to spin around on the shaft.i also made sure it wasn't going to get in the way of the high speed bearings..all in all it was never made to add performance and from what I experienced at 50 mph it did not hurt any performance..it became one with the shaft. I had to razor blade it off because that's how tight it was on .as long as it doesn't interfere with the bulk head inputs or the high speed bearings and it's tight I don't think it hurts ..but I'm sure at high speeds above 50 maybey something not good will happen ..again it was just for shoots and giggles ..all looks .no harm no fault.😁👍.

It's not beneficial at all besides it looks cool to me.but I also haven't hit over 50 with it on .which was just a few times .since then I took it off. The loom was extremely tight and never budged and I made sure it wasnt going to spin around on the shaft.i also made sure it wasn't going to get in the way of the high speed bearings..all in all it was never made to add performance and from what I experienced at 50 mph it did not hurt any performance..it became one with the shaft. I had to razor blade it off because that's how tight it was on .as long as it doesn't interfere with the bulk head inputs or the high speed bearings and it's tight I don't think it hurts ..but I'm sure at high speeds above 50 maybey something not good will happen ..again it was just for shoots and giggles ..all looks .no harm no fault.😁👍.
I love my super speedy super speed run bearings! I keep them in carriers and things.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back