Kraton 1 day old Kraton won't turn left???!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfisher0777

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I just bought a brand new Kraton yesterday and on the second run noticed it doesn't want to turn left now. So I go thru setting the end points and notice that the servo seems to extend the whole distance, the wheels just won't turn. So when driving I can turn right most fully but left hardly. I just shelled out $500 for this thing as y'all know. I've heard that the servo stock is weak to begin with, but there's something else going on here. What is it?

Can you turn the wheels left/right by hand? Maybe check your servo saver. If it's loose it won't turn the wheels.

When it's sitting still and I go to turn it the servo fully extends it's arm both ways but the front wheels hardly even turn when it's sitting in place. I'm going forward it'll barely turn left and turns right mostly. In reverse there's no problem with the wheels turning so something must be loose

I would disconnect the servo horn and turn the wheels left and right to feel for any binding. Sometimes a retaining cup or screw gets too tight and binds the steering. When this happens, your servo saver starts saving and and if that is also too loose, saves and doesn’t steer.

Sounds like a servo saver nut backed its self down to chassis...

Tighten up your servo nut then Loctite it in place.
Yep, sounds like this is the issue. Need to tighten the nut back up and put some red loctite on it. Blue will hold for a while if you want. I got mine wet and the blue let go, so I put red on it.

Hi @kfisher0777. This video shows how to tighten the servo saver nut. If yours is like many, the nut seems to want to back down constantly. Before you start raising the nut, put a dab of red loctitie above it, so it holds in place when your done. This will be easier if you take the side guard off so you can see what your doing. 5mm to 7mm off the chassis seems to work well, higher if you aren't afraid of destroying something else in your steering. Thanks to @Thomas P for another great tutorial.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/tv/channel/tutorials/OTlS1Z0CA6I

I just bought a brand new Kraton yesterday and on the second run noticed it doesn't want to turn left now. So I go thru setting the end points and notice that the servo seems to extend the whole distance, the wheels just won't turn. So when driving I can turn right most fully but left hardly. I just shelled out $500 for this thing as y'all know. I've heard that the servo stock is weak to begin with, but there's something else going on here. What is it?
Did you get the problem fixed? I have the same problem the Kraton will not turn left or right, but goes forward and backwards.
Hi there I am having the same problem. Just took it out yesterday, 1st run and after a while my Kraton 6s v5 would not turn left or right but would only go forward and backwards. Did you fix the problem and how did you do it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back