Kraton K6EXB v1 won't wheelie very easily

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldendrakester

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Talion EXB
It won't wheelie, even with a castle system and low gearing. I suspect the problem is too light of center diff fluid, if this is the issue, what would you suggest for getting the power to the ground more effectively? I want some better acceleration.

I'd recommend not gearing "low", get something at least 500k in the center and tried and true 60k F 30 R. Backflips might help as well

Gear up to a 15,16 or 17 turn up your punch to 7,8 or 9 and put 500K in the center diff. Let us know how that goes. :oops:

Wait a minute I just read you said Castle System?
I think we all need to know more about this castle system. What KV motor is it and what size ESC!

Gear up to a 15,16 or 17 turn up your punch to 7,8 or 9 and put 500K in the center diff. Let us know how that goes. :oops:

Wait a minute I just read you said Castle System?
I think we all need to know more about this castle system. What KV motor is it and what size ESC!
2200kv mtr, copperhad 2 esc also had some heat issues with bigger batts, but got fans. buying heavier 500k diff fluid soon.

In addition, spinnin' ain't winnin' with tire treads.

I would make sure your throttle is calibrated correctly and your throttle dual rate is all the way up.

If when you throttle hard the front wheels are going high and turning into pizza cutters that is an indication you need thicker center diff fluid (assuming you want more power going to the rear and wheelie more)

2200kv mtr, copperhad 2 esc also had some heat issues with bigger batts, but got fans. buying heavier 500k diff fluid soon.
What 2200kv motor are you running exactly? And whats a Copperhead 2?
There is a Copperhead 10, wich is most definetly not meant for a rig as heavy as a K6EXB...

Isn’t the copperhead ESC 4s for 1/10 scale

There is no Copperhead 2, but the Copperhead is too small for the Arrma Kraton.

ESC Specs
Application Guidelines:1:10 scale vehicles weighing up to 7.5 lbs.

If this is the Mamba Monster 2 with the 2200kv motor, that motor is just not right for a Kraton imho, I haven't met anyone that had much luck with it in the Arrma 6s stuff. You need a bigger torquier motor like the Rocket 4092 or Surpass 4092 motor. This one is on sale from Rcjuice https://www.rcjuice.com/sale/hobbys...s-motor-temperature-protection-1-8-truck.html start with a 18t pinion.

Or if you can return it send it back and get the Castle MMX8s system with the 1650kv motor again start with a 18T pinion.

My .02,

But if you have a Kraton:4s, 6s, 8s, or 12s that can only do 30mph, you also have a busted center diff. Go to Jennys RC and just get a new one. You will thank me later.
I literally just replaced all the diffs. I'd be sad if it went out already.

There is no Copperhead 2, but the Copperhead is too small for the Arrma Kraton.

ESC Specs
Application Guidelines:1:10 scale vehicles weighing up to 7.5 lbs.

If this is the Mamba Monster 2 with the 2200kv motor, that motor is just not right for a Kraton imho, I haven't met anyone that had much luck with it in the Arrma 6s stuff. You need a bigger torquier motor like the Rocket 4092 or Surpass 4092 motor. This one is on sale from Rcjuice https://www.rcjuice.com/sale/hobbys...s-motor-temperature-protection-1-8-truck.html start with a 18t pinion.

Or if you can return it send it back and get the Castle MMX8s system with the 1650kv motor again start with a 18T pinion.
Im sorry about the copperhead, For some reason thought that's what this was. I agree, the 2200kv motor is too small and likes to overheat

I literally just replaced all the diffs. I'd be sad if it went out already.
Ok, I just shared with you what happened to me. I would squeeze the trigger and hear it rev up with little to no power, on my Outcast 8S. I couldn't figure it out, took out the diff and replaced the fluid with 1 mil. Still nothing. Then I said "F" it, Jenny I need a new one. Didn't open or adjust fluid, just dropped in the "new" transmission and diff and voila! I had my O8S back!

Good luck tracking down your answer, you sure had a lot of opinions here....

Ok, I just shared with you what happened to me. I would squeeze the trigger and hear it rev up with little to no power, on my Outcast 8S. I couldn't figure it out, took out the diff and replaced the fluid with 1 mil. Still nothing. Then I said "F" it, Jenny I need a new one. Didn't open or adjust fluid, just dropped in the "new" transmission and diff and voila! I had my O8S back!

Good luck tracking down your answer, you sure had a lot of opinions here....
ok, Didnt realize thats what you meant, that's the issue I just fixed, but I believe the oil I put in was just too light

Back