Kraton 1 gensacearespammers bashing 6s pack or 2 zeee packs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6sKratonV1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
So I was running my kraton today when my powerhobby lipo caught fire. I saved my kraton by dumping snow on everything but now I don't have any good batteries. ( I was planning to buy some good ones and a new charger at the end of this month.) So I'm debating between 2 zeee 6s 6000 mah 100c packs or 1 6s gensacearespammers bashing battery 6800 mah 120c. What would you guys choose? Also the powerhobby pack is a little over two years old with about 30 cycles on it. ( I made sure to put it on storage mode when I wasn't using it.) Do you know if powerhobby will send me a new battery?

I doubt it, but powerhobby batteries are pretty bottom tier anyways. I'd go with the 2 zeee packs. Gens are decent, but not double the cost better than the Zeees.
Powerhobby packs are the same price as the gens aces. Are they really bottom tier? I thought they were almost top of the line.

Powerhobby packs are the same price as the gens aces. Are they really bottom tier? I thought they were almost top of the line.
Overpriced junk. I have 2 of their more expensive hard case 6S packs. One of my biggest RC purchase regrets. They are still alive, barely, but the voltage sag is so bad after some use that I can't use them on anything with big wheels/tires (Kraton sized or larger), they flat out won't work in winter, their total charge capacity has been steadily reducing.

The only brand that beats it in worst performance per dollar, is Max Amps, which has crazy advertising, but awful batteries.

Screenshot_20220108-141806_Chrome.jpg

This is the battery that caught fire.

I would search around. I got some 6s 100c 5200 mah hoovo packs for like $70 after a $20 coupon plus my reward points from my Amazon credit card. They were the same cost as a 60c pack. Either way, I have a spammer battery and I wouldn’t pick it over the cheaper batteries I have for 3s cars. I saw CNhl has some great discounts as of two days ago

I would search around. I got some 6s 100c 5200 mah hoovo packs for like $70 after a $20 coupon plus my reward points from my Amazon credit card. They were the same cost as a 60c pack. Either way, I have a spammer battery and I wouldn’t pick it over the cheaper batteries I have for 3s cars. I saw CNhl has some great discounts as of two days ago
This isnt a bad idea at all. Keep in mind that C Ratings are largely advertising lingo. Between manfacturers they mean nothing as there is no standard to measure batteries between companies, however, using C Ratings to gauge which batteries are higher/lower output within the same company seems to hold up well.

Cnhl has end of year sale on premium packs..5000mah 6s packs 50-70$ think the g 70c are like 66$
This is one of the BEST packs out there.its a big wide pack,check dimensions

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-160657_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220108-160657_Chrome.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 48
Do they fit in the kraton? If they do I'll probably pick a couple up.

You mean the 70c actually discharges more than the 90c?
According to my gnss..70c have huge 8awg..90c has 10awg🤷‍♂️
Not many packs come with 8awg wiring. Can be a pain in tha ars thou..see pic,not much room
16416850978175166172961169399759.jpg

20210902_184858.jpg

I didn’t get the cnhl solely based on the sizes they had available. Sweet deals though

Of the 14 Zeee packs I've bought, 5 of them have puffed, including 1 that caught fire. Of the 8 Hoovo packs I have, none of them have puffed. The Hoovo's in general have probably half as many runs on them, so who knows... 3 out of 4 SMCs lost a cell completely (They did fully warranty all). 2 Socokins & 4 Povways no issues. 6 new CNHLs waiting to try out.

Of the 14 Zeee packs I've bought, 5 of them have puffed, including 1 that caught fire. Of the 8 Hoovo packs I have, none of them have puffed. The Hoovo's in general have probably half as many runs on them, so who knows... 3 out of 4 SMCs lost a cell completely (They did fully warranty all). 2 Socokins & 4 Povways no issues. 6 new CNHLs waiting to try out.
Thanks, looks like I'm gonna try the CNHLs.

Just go with 2-4x Zeee 8000mah 3S 100C hardcase lipos. A pair costs £108 right now ion Amazon UK, Id expect similar price everywhere.

They are great for bashing and these are also super short, only 138mm. They even fit the short chassis Granite/Vorteks 🙂

So I was running my kraton today when my powerhobby lipo caught fire. I saved my kraton by dumping snow on everything but now I don't have any good batteries. ( I was planning to buy some good ones and a new charger at the end of this month.) So I'm debating between 2 zeee 6s 6000 mah 100c packs or 1 6s gensacearespammers bashing battery 6800 mah 120c. What would you guys choose? Also the powerhobby pack is a little over two years old with about 30 cycles on it. ( I made sure to put it on storage mode when I wasn't using it.) Do you know if powerhobby will send me a new battery?
Pay for the spammer it'll last.

I have two CNHL 6s 5200mah 90C batteries for my Kraton 6s. I got them about eight months ago when they were on sale, and I've had good luck with them so far. The CNHL batteries really woke up the Castle MMX 8s/1717 1650kv system in my Kraton: I had to turn the punch down to tame the wheelies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back