Kraton gensacearespammers 11.1V 8000mah soft pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
Hi everyone, i just ordered 2 of these and noticed that they are soft pack, do you think they would be ok for extreme bashing? What are these made of and is there anything i can do to protect them?

Screenshot_2024-01-15-09-39-36-693_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Last edited:

Its this one​

gensacearespammers 8000mAh 11.1V 100C 3S1P Lipo Battery Pack with EC5-Bashing Series B-100C-8000-3S1P-Bashing-EC5​

Screenshot_2024-01-15-09-39-36-693_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

I cant link to them. Are these in fact Soft packs? Look to be Hardcase in the picture. The Wire Grommet is the give away. Similar looking to hardcase CNHL Race packs.
I feel there is no difference between soft packs and hard case. Durability wise. Common sense dictates hardcase is better, but they can still split open when the cells puff up, or have hard hits. I have all types here of lipos. I don't necessarily choose hard case over soft, except but for price. Or the better pack.
I usually tape up my soft and even hardcase lipos with Gorilla tape when new. Ace of Gens Basher line are well regarded. So is their Customer service. Cali. They always picked up the phone for my calls and know their stuff well in regards. Their published dimensions are usually spot on. Decent construction.

Well they look hardcase in the photo but in the description it says softpack, i will wait and see....if they actually get pass customs

Maybe Gens puts soft in the description because they also have lipo’s in a ‘hard case plastic box’ like their 6750mah 4s.
These 8000mah 3s are not as solid as those, but they have a metal plate, so hard case IMO; definitely more hard case than softcase CNHL lipo’s.

A little thing I do is buy some cheap rubber adhesive (one side) square things from craft section at store. Cut them to size of battery tray and that helps secure batteries and lessen the blow from jumps. I use both hard and soft lipos while bashing and have had no issues with either.

Use some bublerap,I saw that in a Aldo loyal video that he use that and for sure that helps to keep your lipo life extended

I have the 6S version and I understand the confusion. I wouldn’t call it a soft pack or a hard pack.

There’s definitely some kind of outer protection over the cells, and it’s pretty firm, but it is not hard plastic like traditional lipo hard packs.

Regardless, it has held up great for bashing.

Guys, they made two versions. Original V2 which is a semi soft pack and a V3 which is a true heavy duty hardcase.

That looks like the V2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back