Limitless Stretched Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ve done so much excellent work here! I love the rock deflectors on the chassis, the front splitter, and the suspension setup you have! I just got my 3D printer back operational (glass bed shattered from too good of adhesion with PC-CF) I’d love to send my Batwing your way, just honing in the printed hinge pin to work with my .6mm nozzle now. It’s on my Limitless thread if you want to check it out.

Aerodynamics is really one of those subjects you have to study to get, common sense doesn’t apply there. My first taste of this was with car wings. Common sense tells you to put the filet or rolled edge on the top of the leading wing edge, but it’s actually the opposite. By putting the rolled edge at the top you’re creating a longer path for the air, which actually creates lift.
Thank you .I appreciate the compliment.ill check your build thread out .. check mine out also when you get a chance..I like the bat wings but to many have them and I like to be different and I love to customize and modify.. actually in the process right now finishing making my custom front splitter winglets.then making some for the rear .my build thread is coming along slow due to long hours at work and spending time with the family but Big Papa long Rock is coming along . little by little.when I finally finish it's going to be one of a kind . I love this hobby for the simple reason we can all make our builds unique and we all can learn from each other. this forum has drivin my ambition to keep pushing and opens my vision.my visions might be a little crazy or weird but sometimes that's a good thing.ima check your build thread now bud👍😁
You’ve done so much excellent work here! I love the rock deflectors on the chassis, the front splitter, and the suspension setup you have! I just got my 3D printer back operational (glass bed shattered from too good of adhesion with PC-CF) I’d love to send my Batwing your way, just honing in the printed hinge pin to work with my .6mm nozzle now. It’s on my Limitless thread if you want to check it out.

Aerodynamics is really one of those subjects you have to study to get, common sense doesn’t apply there. My first taste of this was with car wings. Common sense tells you to put the filet or rolled edge on the top of the leading wing edge, but it’s actually the opposite. By putting the rolled edge at the top you’re creating a longer path for the air, which actually creates lift.
Send me a link to your build thread because I don't see your build badge .

Last edited:
Thank you .I appreciate the compliment.ill check your build thread out .. check mine out also when you get a chance..I like the bat wings but to many have them and I like to be different and I love to customize and modify.. actually in the process right now finishing making my custom front splitter winglets.then making some for the rear .my build thread is coming along slow due to long hours at work and spending time with the family but Big Papa long Rock is coming along . little by little.when I finally finish it's going to be one of a kind . I love this hobby for the simple reason we can all make our builds unique and we all can learn from each other. this forum has drivin my ambition to keep pushing and opens my vision.my visions might be a little crazy or weird but sometimes that's a good thing.ima check your build thread now bud👍😁

Send me a link to your build thread because I don't see your build badge .
JoshJosh Build - it’s got a few items I'm designing on there. There are few different versions of the Batwing. I’d say what makes mine different is it has a 3D printed hinge pin to allow for an active aero wing, and it mounts directly on the wing support arms. I should probably look into the badges, I don’t have a build badge, and I just saw someone has a veteran badge I want to get as well.

Pretty sure James McCoy knows what he’s doing. He’s done this a couple times.
I didn’t mean to offend, if I did. He acknowledges in the latest video posted on this thread that aerodynamics of the wheels are what are holding him back. He just hasn’t addressed the issue yet. Side skirts would, without a doubt, help him get his speed back up. He was hitting 196mph last year on a shorter track with his GT setup.

Here’s a 2019 F1 champion car with side skirts;
28398E6B-297E-42ED-92B1-B1B132D31E56.jpeg

Here’s a Formula E-Type, with even superior aerodynamics;

317A60D1-6409-437F-B4B5-183A8BA3CB9C.jpeg

I didn’t mean to offend, if I did. He acknowledges in the latest video posted on this thread that aerodynamics of the wheels are what are holding him back. He just hasn’t addressed the issue yet. Side skirts would, without a doubt, help him get his speed back up. He was hitting 196mph last year on a shorter track with his GT setup.

View attachment 283375

View attachment 283376
AIR SLICER SWOOOOOOSSHHHHH GONE LIKE ⚡⚡⚡⚡ A LIGHTNING BOLT

View attachment 283375

View attachment 283376

ROSSA rules for open wheel states:
"The Open Wheel classes are for buggy type cars rather than F1 style chassis. Technical inspection will decide if the entry qualified for the open wheel class or should be entered into any of the above classes. This is to promote fair competition. For the open wheel class you can add aerofoil devices to the body or chassis as long as the wheels are visible from the top 100%, wheels on the right side when viewed from that side 100% , wheels on the left side when viewed from that side 100%, front wheels when viewed from the front 100%, rear wheels when viewed from the rear 100%."

Basically, you cannot divert the straight-line air from hitting the wheel or smooth it out after and above. The only thing you might be able to do is to divert air from another area into that path.

ROSSA rules for open wheel states:
"The Open Wheel classes are for buggy type cars rather than F1 style chassis. Technical inspection will decide if the entry qualified for the open wheel class or should be entered into any of the above classes. This is to promote fair competition. For the open wheel class you can add aerofoil devices to the body or chassis as long as the wheels are visible from the top 100%, wheels on the right side when viewed from that side 100% , wheels on the left side when viewed from that side 100%, front wheels when viewed from the front 100%, rear wheels when viewed from the rear 100%."

Basically, you cannot divert the straight-line air from hitting the wheel or smooth it out after and above. The only thing you might be able to do is to divert air from another area into that path.
“The Open Wheel classes are for buggy type cars rather than F1 style chassis.”

I’m not following. If I’m reading this correctly, Open Wheel rules only apply to buggy chassis, and would not be in scope for F1.

“The Open Wheel classes are for buggy type cars rather than F1 style chassis.”

I’m not following. If I’m reading this correctly, Open Wheel rules only apply to buggy chassis, and would not be in scope for F1.
That part is a bit vauge. Originally it was for 1/8 and 1/10 buggies before the Limitless was around.
The limitless is barely a F1 style, but the front nose does block the tires some small amount making it not a true open-wheel car.

It honestly is in a class of its own so James will just say open wheel limitless versus a GT body Limitless. (basically saying stock body)

That part is a bit vauge. Originally it was for 1/8 and 1/10 buggies before the Limitless was around.
The limitless is barely a F1 style, but the front nose does block the tires some small amount making it not a true open-wheel car.

It honestly is in a class of its own so James will just say open wheel limitless versus a GT body Limitless. (basically saying stock body)
the front splitter and wing also wouldn’t fit their rule of “front wheels when viewed from the front 100%”

IMO, the rules are quite clear;
BD9C1EEE-8A02-4469-BC2F-2CD52B148681.jpeg

His car should fall under this category
C220FF0B-85D9-404B-A359-C27CCCEF6E61.jpeg

Last edited:
the front splitter and wing also wouldn’t fit their rule of “front wheels when viewed from the front 100%”

IMO, the rules are quite clear;
View attachment 283931

His car should fall under this category
View attachment 283932

It is a strange thing because no one is really running ROSSA in the US, yet those classifications still seem to guide the speed side of the hobby.
Regardless the Limitless and 1/7 scale cars are all end up falling into the Electric open class. That isn't exactly fair compared to a car like Nic Case made custom. I see a need to separate production cars vs custom-made cars.

The 808 class is the only class that specifically states 8 cell and allows GT bodies, but is specific for 8th-scale cars.
All of these rules and classes are decades old now and need some updating to accommodate the cars that people run today.

Last edited:
It is a strange thing because no one is really running ROSSA in the US, yet those classifications still seem to guide the speed side of the hobby.
Regardless the Limitless and 1/7 scale cars are all end up falling into the Electric open class. That isn't exactly fair compared to a car like Nic Case made custom. I see a need to separate production cars vs custom-made cars.

The 808 class is the only class that specifically states 8 cell and allows GT bodies, but is specific for 8th-scale cars.
All of these rules and classes are decades old now and need some updating to accommodate the cars that people run today.
I agree.

I’m not sure how’d they’d feel about him stretching the chassis, he might not qualify for production car status at that point, twin motors aside.

I’ve honestly never been a speed runner myself, I enjoy aerodynamics as a means for faster lap times. Which is why I think Formula 1 is so appealing to me. Just watching the engineering genius that goes into those cars while trying to fall into the rule constraints is mind blowing. Loving F1 and having a want to learn 3D design are what drove me to the Limitless.

I agree.

I’m not sure how’d they’d feel about him stretching the chassis, he might not qualify for production car status at that point, twin motors aside.

I’ve honestly never been a speed runner myself, I enjoy aerodynamics as a means for faster lap times. Which is why I think Formula 1 is so appealing to me. Just watching the engineering genius that goes into those cars while trying to fall into the rule constraints is mind blowing. Loving F1 and having a want to learn 3D design are what drove me to the Limitless.
That is honestly the best thing about this hobby. Although we are all doing "similar things" we are all doing it differently for what we like and how we want to approach it.
I try to do things differently (in the RC world) because I live by the concept that doing what others are doing and expecting different results is likely a waste of my time and money....

I have a drawing from 2021 of a stretched limitless idea. It looks like Kev is going to run one too.
Thanks @Tex Koder but the best reaction on me being a challenger is 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 because I'm no where near James McCoy's league when it comes to speed runs.thats one person I would not want to compete with..that was a beeeeutiful pass I must say.👍😁.I am curious to know how long his build is .

Already on it 🤣🤣 i informed my attorney on copy cat infringement.i noticed his tower to tower center brace is very similar to mine .how dare him🤣🤣 but I must say if it's the same as mine awesome choice cause it's beeeeutiful 👍😁
Your build is looking really good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back