Big Rock 17hex hub with 0 offset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordering more parts.. Again... It's getting expensive ?
Orderet the wheels in 12mm.hope its not a mistake, also ordered normal and extension 12mm :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191015_014224_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191015_014224_com.microsoft.office.outlook.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 42
The wheels are rubbing and need to be spaced out.
The spacers I bought doesn't fit my brcc, the shaft from brcc are to big.

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_214806.jpg
    IMG_20191025_214806.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20191025_183624.jpg
    IMG_20191025_183624.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20191025_201729.jpg
    IMG_20191025_201729.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20191025_205908.jpg
    IMG_20191025_205908.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
The wheels are rubbing and need to be spaced out.
The spacers I bought doesn't fit my brcc, the shaft from brcc are to big.

Just FYI don't buy wheels labeled for the rear of Traxxas vehicles like you did they have closer to a zero hex offset. In the future order wheels labeled for the front of Traxxas vehicles they have more offset and would solve your clearance issue. Proline uses Traxxas as descriptions for model fitment. Unlike just about everybody else Traxxas has to use different offset wheels front to back on the 2wd models so it can get confusing.

Why are you adding wider arms, yet wider hexes are a concern? That doesn’t really make much sense to me. I would be much more concerned about the wider arms snapping. ??‍♂️
Late reply, but one important difference I think is that wider arms adds not not just width, but also suspension travel (and higher ride height).

I know you’ve already ordered the parts but I went down the standard Hot Racing 17mm adapter with extensions (+10mm) and the proline mx28s and so far it has made a world of difference to the truck. Traction roll is basically all gone now which although I don’t race it does make the truck feel much more enjoyable...

The HR adapters look great and have held upto the skate park abuse I’ve put it through so far... The only issue I had was spinning a wheel off after stupidly not using loctite but fortunately i only lost the pin... Nothing that a chopped down nail can’t fix... :D

If turning/wobbling is a concern then you should look into the HR steering bellcrank. I think it’s Too much money for a basher but may be worth it to you...

I know you’ve already ordered the parts but I went down the standard Hot Racing 17mm adapter with extensions (+10mm) and the proline mx28s and so far it has made a world of difference to the truck. Traction roll is basically all gone now which although I don’t race it does make the truck feel much more enjoyable...

The HR adapters look great and have held upto the skate park abuse I’ve put it through so far... The only issue I had was spinning a wheel off after stupidly not using loctite but fortunately i only lost the pin... Nothing that a chopped down nail can’t fix... :D

If turning/wobbling is a concern then you should look into the HR steering bellcrank. I think it’s Too much money for a basher but may be worth it to you...
Chopped down nail...BRILLIANT! (y)

If you can’t find a 17mm adapter set with 0 offset than, yes, it’s actually a really smart idea so long you have wheels that will fit. Less leverage = exponentially less stress on the bearings, arms, casters, links, and chassis. It’s the same reason why a senton/typhon can do a thousand million cart wheels whereas a Kraton won’t quite be able to do as much, just because it has an overall wider stance and bigger wheels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back