1st Ramp Built!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheed85

Very Active Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 3s
Built my 1st ramp with my old man today! Was more for the time with my dad and a great excuse to build something fun with him. He said we won't be building any houses anytime soon 🤣. He is super handy and definitely guided me here. But not bad for our first attempt, and being hand drawn and all. Weighs about 20lbs or so altogether and yet to test it with any of my larger rigs but super happy how it came out.

It's 32" wide X 48" long x 24" high

Used:
2 - 2x2
1- 1/2" ply from scrap pile I found (4/8)
1- 3/16" plywood (4x8)
Wood glue
Wood screws (various sizes we had laying around but about 1 1/2"
3 hours work time
20230730_192946.jpg

20230730_193026.jpg

Looks awesome man!

I need to build me a new one, I'm shooting for one just like that. The one I have now was meant to send something to the moon with no return flight scheduled.
Haha, the first angle I drew was going to send them to the moon! I listened to my father when he told me it looks a little too steep. 😆
What are you waiting for...!

The nails to dry?
Blast it!!
Actually just daylight, by the time we finished it the sun was going down and my 2 year old ready for bed. Charging batteries now and packing all my spare parts and tools 🔧 🙃

Haha, the first angle I drew was going to send them to the moon! I listened to my father when he told me it looks a little too steep. 😆

So the way I did my angle was stupid. I laid out a full sheet. I took and put a stake in the yard like 3ft out or something (I can't remember) from 1 corner. Tied a piece of rope to that stake. Other end I had a sharpy marker. So I then drew my line at a perfect curve from 1 corner to the opposite 1. I wound up with a 90 right at take off....
The point was literally to send a friends rc as high as possible. He had a redcat 1/10 buggy that was running about 70mph and he wanted a ramp to literally go as high as possible at full speed! So I built it..... he chickened out after I built the darn thing. We had talked about it for like a year!

I use the ramp but you can't hit it super fast... I sent my slash 4x4 off it flat out 1 time and it was higher then the roof of my 2 story barn🤣

I'm gonna build a new one almost same as yours. 😁

So the way I did my angle was stupid. I laid out a full sheet. I took and put a stake in the yard like 3ft out or something (I can't remember) from 1 corner. Tied a piece of rope to that stake. Other end I had a sharpy marker. So I then drew my line at a perfect curve from 1 corner to the opposite 1. I wound up with a 90 right at take off....
The point was literally to send a friends rc as high as possible. He had a redcat 1/10 buggy that was running about 70mph and he wanted a ramp to literally go as high as possible at full speed! So I built it..... he chickened out after I built the darn thing. We had talked about it for like a year!

I use the ramp but you can't hit it super fast... I sent my slash 4x4 off it flat out 1 time and it was higher then the roof of my 2 story barn🤣

I'm gonna build a new one almost same as yours. 😁
Sounds much more scientific than my just "wingin it" pencil drawn curve

Sounds much more scientific than my just "wingin it" pencil drawn curve

I think you're suppose to use the parabola equation -to calculate your launch angle based on the velocity that you plan on hitting the ramp ,thus giving you the max height (estimate) 🤘

y = a(x-h)2 + k , where (h,k) denotes the vertex.

It's hardcore science.

I think you're suppose to use the parabola equation -to calculate your launch angle based on the velocity that you plan on hitting the ramp ,thus giving you the max height (estimate) 🤘

It's hardcore science.

I want to hit the ramp at 30mph. 10ft of elevation and fly a distance of 30ft. Hmmm.. nah my head hurts already 😁

Huntington Beach? Do you go to the beach rc events? There is usually one in Huntington off tower 13, and one in Long Beach Peninsula. There was a LBC event on saturday and they also have big ramps similar to the one you built. Here is a quick clip of my Kraton 6s flying off of one of the big ramps they bring.

It's hardcore science.
Dood, get that nerd s**t outta here!!!

lol jk, I think @Bustedaw11 had the correct method for drawing the parabola (at least for bikes), just need a larger radius.

What is a in y?

Last edited:
Huntington Beach? Do you go to the beach rc events? There is usually one in Huntington off tower 13, and one in Long Beach Peninsula. There was a LBC event on saturday and they also have big ramps similar to the one you built. Here is a quick clip of my Kraton 6s flying off of one of the big ramps they bring.

Sweet! Nice jump, the sand looks like a nice landing spot. Haven't had a chance to make it out but I will!

Dood, get that nerd s**t outta here!!!

lol jk, I think @Bustedaw11 had the correct method for drawing the parabola (at least for bikes), just need a larger radius.

What is a in y?

Used to build bmx ramps. Thats how we did it then.
Raced bmx for a longgg time.... Eventually me and the gang got my town to build a real bmx track. Did great for many years until the younger generations addictions to screens won the war. Track is still there but I've only seen 1 race there in 10 years and it was for young ones. This place used to be killer, Ugh....

20230731_154416.jpg

Raced bmx for a longgg time.... Eventually me and the gang got my town to build a real bmx track. Did great for many years until the younger generations addictions to screens won the war. Track is still there but I've only seen 1 race there in 10 years and it was for young ones. This place used to be killer, Ugh....

View attachment 314594
Dang…. I would love to have a bmx track or pump track in my town, but not enough interest and bad climate for that stuff I guess.

View attachment 314594

Hot Damn.
I see Great Potential right there on that land!!!

Time to convert it to a RC Basher facility , Pronto!
At the same time, add a Hobby Shop nearby and it'll be a Double Bonus. 👍

Bash / Race , crash, Repair, Repeat!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back