Interesting ramp design.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I like this no screws, easy to disassemble for storage or transportation. I might steal this idea and make my own like it. Idk how well it would work for a kicker ramp though.

https://keenramps.com/collections/o...W8RYGE9PMeC8Y633KQnlqVYOiwPsb86d2ENkoHGueWbmI

1708790391948.png

I'd pass on the wedge. If this was a kicker I'd be more interested.
The wedge can be good for distance but like I said not sure if you could make a kicker like this. It might be doable. You would have to make the ramp face out of multiple layers of thinner material or make a jig and bend the plywood into the shape you need but that sounds like a giant pain in the ass.

I'd pass on the wedge. If this was a kicker I'd be more interested.

I'm building a scaled up Big Squid RC portable kicker ramp right now. I'm hoping it will do the trick.

Plenty wide for my Mojave XW @ 17.5” wheelbase 😂

I like my ramps 42-48" wide so I can be lazy about lining up at speed so I am building a wider one of these.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.27.11 AM.png

Photo courtesy of Big Squid RC.

I like this no screws, easy to disassemble for storage or transportation. I might steal this idea and make my own like it. Idk how well it would work for a kicker ramp though.

https://keenramps.com/collections/o...W8RYGE9PMeC8Y633KQnlqVYOiwPsb86d2ENkoHGueWbmI

View attachment 350559

It can be done.

The two side plates need to have the ramp profile you want
and just need to make runners for the face , similar to IKEA bed frame slats/supports (more tightly spaced ,of course) that's bound together with tow straps that you can roll up and unroll when you get to the bash site and assemble.

1708792703254.png

The only issue I see if how to secure down those pieces down to the side plates without using a bunch of screws.
(Cause you still need to use some screws even for those KEEN wooden ramps.)

I didn't mean the actual ramp itself I just meant the way the ramp is assembled. I didn't even look at the dimensions of the ramp in the link, it was only posted as an example.

It can be done.

The two side plates need to have the ramp profile you want
and just need to make runners for the face , similar to IKEA bed frame slats/supports (more tightly spaced ,of course) that's bound together with tow straps that you can roll up and unroll when you get to the bash site and assemble.

View attachment 350562

The only issue I see if how to secure down those pieces down to the side plates without using a bunch of screws.
(Cause you still need to use some screws even for those KEEN wooden ramps.)

I was thinking about that but decided it would be a big pain too. I think the easiest would be multiple layers of thinner material.

I noticed the screw holes they had in the sides after I watched the video on the website.

I'm just trying to find something easier to carry around. The free ramp that I have that thing must weigh like 50-60lbs, having one good arm doesn't help any either and it's huge if I put it in the back of my truck I barely have room for my cars.

Last edited:
I didn't mean the actual ramp itself I just meant the way the ramp is assembled. I didn't even look at the dimensions of the ramp in the link, it was only posted as an example.

I was thinking about that but decided it would be a big pain too. I think the easiest would be multiple layers of thinner material.

I noticed the screw holes they had in the sides after I watched the video on the website.

I'm just trying to find something easier to carry around. The free ramp that I have that thing must weigh like 50-60lbs, having one good arm doesn't help any either and it's huge if I put it in the back of my truck I barely have room for my cars.

I'll have to think about this a bit..
It just needs some kind of "Easy Connector" to make this work.

I'm building a scaled up Big Squid RC portable kicker ramp right now. I'm hoping it will do the trick.

I like my ramps 42-48" wide so I can be lazy about lining up at speed so I am building a wider one of these.

View attachment 350561
Photo courtesy of Big Squid RC.
Mine utilizes a 48x48” sheet with 30 degree entry and 45 exit angles.

I can haul it around decently by hand as long as it isn’t a mile uphill both ways barefoot in the snow. 😝

~$60 in lumber and hardware.

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

View attachment 350559
Hop on Craigslist or wherever you go for local classifieds these days and look for someone throwing their kid's trampoline out. If this doesn't scream

"FOLDABLE RAMP!!!!"

then I don't know what does. Everything is basically done for you (well, almost everything).
1708801118697.png
1708801132546.png

View attachment 350559
I meant more of the issue with the slope. Like @Johnny b learned on his ramp. It needs some curvature. But agree a sloped version of this would be a pain.

I'm currently looking to build some portable ramps so this is right up my alley.

I meant more of the issue with the slope. Like @Johnny b learned on his ramp. It needs some curvature. But agree a sloped version of this would be a pain.

I'm currently looking to build some portable ramps so this is right up my alley.
I think the multiple layers of thin plywood is going to be the easiest route.

Mine utilizes a 48x48” sheet with 30 degree entry and 45 exit angles.

I can haul it around decently by hand as long as it isn’t a mile uphill both ways barefoot in the snow. 😝

~$60 in lumber and hardware.

View attachment 350575

View attachment 350576
My ramp looks a bit like that one.

received_211889538149386.jpeg

Back