Kraton 2 issues with the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbacksport

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all. just trying to get into this hobby here and i am not sure about 2 things so i figured i'd ask. brand new kraton 6s blx

1. i have 2 spektrum combo pack with the 2 3s 5000mah batteries and the smart charger. charges them fast but when i hook in the second battery to the car there is a spark/pop noise. it also seems to let water in somehow. i cleaned it and dried it thoroughly but it appears to leak..

2. the punch is at setting 2 but it will wheelie and flip (even on 50% power) from the start. it's TOO much torque.

thoughts on how to handle?

thanks,
Pete
i should mention that i also followed this:

before doing this it was MUCH more docile so this put it in turbo mode somehow

Last edited:
Dude, you bought a 6s BLX Kraton for your first RC truck and think it has too much power? On 6s it is supposed to have a lot of power. If it is too much for you to handle either run it on 4s or put the throttle limiter switch to 50% or 75%.
If this is still too much, return the 6s Kraton and get a 3s rig such as the Big Rock or Granite.

Yeah it’s a beast I run on 4s and still does wheelie but I run it 100% more control I have a track in my yard it’s fun in.

Dude, you bought a 6s BLX Kraton for your first RC truck and think it has too much power? On 6s it is supposed to have a lot of power. If it is too much for you to handle either run it on 4s or put the throttle limiter switch to 50% or 75%.
If this is still too much, return the 6s Kraton and get a 3s rig such as the Big Rock or Granite.
LOL great reply! you know.. i just realized what the F i did... first time i took it out i only had one 3s battery connected and today i threw on an additional 3s...

i will take the limiter down to 50% and get a wheelie bar.. no way am i downgrading

LOL great reply! you know.. i just realized what the F i did... first time i took it out i only had one 3s battery connected and today i threw on an additional 3s...

i will take the limiter down to 50% and get a wheelie bar.. no way am i downgrading
Yep! Better just get used to it. The 6s Kraton is a beast and very fast. They don't call it a speed monster truggy for nothing. Throttle control is the key.

That "pop" sound you hear when you plug in the second battery is normal: the battery arcs to the connector when you plug it in. You get it whether you run a single or dual batteries.

The shrink wrap on batteries is not completely waterproof, so if the battery is fully or partially submerged you might get a bit of water under the shrink wrap. The individual cells are still sealed.

You can either run your Kraton on 50% or 75% throttle, or you can get a batter radio system that lets you set a throttle curve, called Throttle Exponential (TE). With TE you can set the throttle so it comes on slower during the first part of the trigger pull, which reduces the tendency to wheelie. TE doesn't affect the top speed - it only affects how quickly you get there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back