Kraton First issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the same HW setup and yes, the motor needs fans. I was able to go from a 16t to a 19t pinion and still keep the motor within temp limits when running on medium grass.
I do not understand the attraction with emulsion shock setups. I think they exist in the RC community because someone once said, “wow, we can convert these shocks to an emulsion setup with a $0.48 o-ring and a cap with a bleeder on it and make some money!”
I used to make my living setting up suspensions on 1:1’s, and the first thing any serious track driver did was to sh’tcan their emulsion Koni’s and move to proper pressurized dampers. The shocks on the 6s Arrma rigs are actually quite good when properly set up. Many will disagree, but you’re totally going backwards when you convert them to emulsion setups. They foam up when they get hot, they cavitate, and they bend shock shafts when they’re cold. I welcome all dissenting opinions…

My only issue with the stock Arrma 6s shocks are the plastic guides wear down way too fast, especially their latest shocks good god after like 10 packs they are basically done and all hogged out. I want to try the TLR guides some day as they are delrin. My Et48.3 has delrin inserts and I haven't replaced them since I bought the tuck used in 2020 iirc.

Well... nevermind, they are still leaking even more now with the new o-rings. I'm unable to tighten down the shock cap enough, because the o-ring falls out of its place, straight into the oil. I guess you must use a flat type of o-ring, you can't replace it with the round one. Given the comments above I changed my shock caps back to a stock, bladder type caps. I'm sick of the m2c ones ( a.k.a the biggest piece of dog sh.. ).
New Silicone O-rings came in, the 20mm OD were still too small and fell into the caps/shock as you described, I ordered 21mm OD x 3mm as well and those actually seem to be working so far. Testing them now.

The crazy thing is the stock O-rings I think are 19mm OD, I think I could have actually gone with 22mm OD...

New 21mm Orings.jpg

New 21mm Orings 2.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that supposed to have a small oring on it? If not you need thread sealer otherwise it's gonna leak.
I think HR includes Delrin gaskets, M2C did not include anything.

I think HR includes Delrin gaskets, M2C did not include anything.
That's weird. Yeah unless you have some way to seal those threads they will continue to leak.

That'll do the trick plus a roll of it is like $1.00 and lasts forever.
Agreed, but maybe Mitch could say, “yo, our sh’t leaks, we don’t include sealing o-rings like all the chinesium guys do, so you’re gonna have to buy your own Teflon tape to seal them. Even if we don’t tell you to, just figure it out.” Made in America. Awesome. And so many bash anything coming from China…

Back