2018 Shock Rod Ends HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runout789

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the heck I can find the lower shock ends for the 2018 models? I see nothing anywhere. Is there a substitution by like Tekno or someone for the 4mm shafts that come on the 2018s?

Give me a couple mins to find the part number for u. I also have a mod that stops them from breaking
20180209_163451.jpg

I have all the part numbers I'm going thro my part portfolio really quick as soon as I find them I'll take a pic of the part number and the part number for the mod and I'll explain how to do it

You will take the 4 fattest of the shims out of the traxxas kit. You will need 2 packs 2 do all 4 shocks. Take the thickest 1 lay it over the eyelet. You will notice the shims are slightly bigger then the eyelet hole. I use my channel locks to press it in. Flip over and do the same thing. So you will have 2 of the thicker shims pressed into each eyelet. I bash my rig really hard and I used to break eyelets all the time until I did this mod. Now I havnt broke 1 and I really send her.

Attachments

• 20180316_003123.jpg
    20180316_003123.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 88
I had no problem getting these parts lots of places have them in stock at east around me they are and if not there is always eBay and amazon.

Thanks for the info. So then are you not using the captured ball or is it in there with shims outside it?

No I don' use the captured ball if thou think of it on tensile strength. You catch big air and come down hard all the energy is transferrd thro the captured ball then transfers to the eyelet. The captured ball and eyelet are both plastic. The shock mount screw is metals the weakest point would b the plastic. Using my mod the energy is transferrd to the metal shims instead of the eyelet. Trust me this works I've never changed a eyelet sense I did the mod and that was like a month ago and b4 that I was going thro them like crazy

Thanks for your info. I have the parts on the way. Mine broke off almost flush with the top of the A arm.

When you guys broke your rid ends was it with (out if the box) droop settings? I've been bashing my v2 for about six months now and haven't had an issue but I also tighten my droop screw about an 1/8 or more on each side. When I take the pin out of the shock on the lower side my shock has a mm or 2mm drop.

I had been bashing mine since Christmas with no issues. Droop not factory. I had broken that a arm the bash before. So might have been stress cracked It actually broke on a decently soft landing.

I never trust the factory droop settings it doesn't take but a second to adjust it properly. But every1 should check them and just give a new rig a once over to make sure everything is tightened down properly. Ive seen 2 many people get a new rtr and charge a pack and go out and rip around then it' hilarious when they take a corner or jump and the wheel pulls a disappering act rolling away lol. When I broke my first eyelet was around the track at my house was sliding and clipped a railroad tie instant breakage lol. Now I don't worry about the eyelets. I've ome down super hard of some decent heights and have yet to break another 1.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back