2023 EPIC NEW CHASSIS FOR ARRMA 💪😲👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically, you want tile cutting blades. And the ones rated for porcelain work best of all I've tried so far.
Spot on. The only thing I will ever use again. I like a tile cutting blade in my jigsaw and really nice, complex curvatures are easily possible. For longer straight cuts I use the same setup, but cut against a fence for a long straight cut.
Since I made that discovery I’ve cut out carbon chassis infills twice, and three sets of rear wings and stabilizers. The tile blade still cuts as well as it did on the first inch.

One reason I asked about his table saw blade is I find the BEST blades and drill bits to use are diamond coated. There is alot of stuff online saying use solid carbide or carbide tipped blades and bits. Although it works, they don't last very long at all. A few cuts, several at the most. Diamond grit is more expensive but actually pays for itself down the road with its longevity, durability and the best is its ability to sand or grind slowly using the tips or teeth to carefully make your shapes or lines. Basically, you want tile cutting blades. And the ones rated for porcelain work best of all I've tried so far.

*anyone reading this and wanting to try, PLEASE read up on CF safety regarding dust control, ventilation, proper masks(your covid mask won't cut it) and handling. The dust it creates is finer than plaster dust. It free floats EVERYWHERE. And it sure isn't good in your lungs. Your favorite tool when working carbon fiber will become a good set of tweezers. The GF is still looking for the one I swiped.........
+1
1000%

Gloves are important. CF splinters and dust can imbedd in your hands and nails.
Using a shop vac attachment with your Table saw is a plus.
I worked with CF sheet years back. Making Towers and a Chassis. CF sheet stock was so expensive years back. I find that with high impact areas/edges of CF, best to Use a thin Bead of CA around the edges and let cure before handling. The CA will bond the cut edges and keep the fibers from splintering with impacts. Adds some insurance. The CF edges can delaminate once struck hard and repeatedly. Even some Upgrade CF chassis' back when, advised using CA in the instructions.
My 3 cents.:cool:

+1
1000%

Gloves are important. CF splinters and dust can imbedd in your hands and nails.
Using a shop vac attachment with your Table saw is a plus.
I worked with CF sheet years back. Making Towers and a Chassis. CF sheet stock was so expensive years back. I find that with high impact areas/edges of CF, best to Use a thin Bead of CA around the edges and let cure before handling. The CA will bond the cut edges and keep the fibers from splintering with impacts. Adds some insurance. The CF edges can delaminate once struck hard and repeatedly. Even some Upgrade CF chassis' back when, advised using CA in the instructions.
My 3 cents.:cool:
Nice tip. I was doing something similar but using clear coat, which needs 3/4 coatings to seal.

Why do you think James McCoy and Raz don’t talk much anymore?
Seems like no love lost.. 🤷‍♂️

A8C39215-6B06-41B0-9951-AEB20011E8DF.jpeg

Seems like no love lost.. 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 300406
I'm confused.did James McCoy also make a chassis to ? Or is this the same one Raz just made ? And I thought James and Raz were still friends or is this just some rumor being spread like bad sauce?

Nice tip. I was doing something similar but using clear coat, which needs 3/4 coatings to seal.
Yeah you got the idea. Something to seal the CF edges. Just it is not 100%. But good insurance. (y) I damaged much CF before. It delaminates at the edges with impacts easily. Once it starts to delaminate, it keeps going. Usually Towers and leading edges of a CF chassis. Where impacts occur. Quality of CF layups/thickness, determines how strong it will be.
I am still very cautious about using CF on bashers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back