Typhon Typhon 3s involved in serious collision.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
My Typhon suffered a head on collision good enough to rip the motor off its mount into the ESC. My car insurance is being A holes and won't cover the damage and laughed at me over the phone it so sounds like I will have to deal with this.

The ESC seems ok except the fan isn’t coming on even though the connections all look good. Thing is we drive through a lot of weeds, so I am wondering if it's been jammed for some time, and maybe I should just buy a new fan. Just the other day, the other Typhons fan wasnt coming on but I was able to blow it clean. If I upgrade the ESC fan, does the stock fan cover come off and out of the way?

Does anyone think the motor is okay? Looks like the screws got ripped out of the motor, I am guessing I can just rotate the motor to use different screw holes. Can someone recommend different screws and washer or is stock best? Anyone think the motor is okay, or should I scrap it?

Yikes, how fast do you think you were going?

ESC fans are a replaceable commodity, no worries there. Usually they are pretty easy to change out, just remove the top screws. The motor could very well be okay. Reconnect it to the ESC and test it out before installing in the car. If there are other salvageable threads, then i'd rotate the can and use them during the next install. If the motor runs fine and doesn't sound terrible, then it's worth continuing to run. There isn't much risk to running that motor than any other motor that has an unknown amount of life on it. If it sounds and rolls good, it should be fine.

Thanks! It was actually my 7 year old who saw a ramp made of dirt, missed the ramp at high speed and hit the concrete curb instead lol.

My Typhon suffered a head on collision good enough to rip the motor off its mount into the ESC. My car insurance is being A holes and won't cover the damage and laughed at me over the phone it so sounds like I will have to deal with this.

The ESC seems ok except the fan isn’t coming on even though the connections all look good. Thing is we drive through a lot of weeds, so I am wondering if it's been jammed for some time, and maybe I should just buy a new fan. Just the other day, the other Typhons fan wasnt coming on but I was able to blow it clean. If I upgrade the ESC fan, does the stock fan cover come off and out of the way?

Does anyone think the motor is okay? Looks like the screws got ripped out of the motor, I am guessing I can just rotate the motor to use different screw holes. Can someone recommend different screws and washer or is stock best? Anyone think the motor is okay, or should I scrap it?
Car insurance!!? For a Typhon? Really?

Is the insurance company HH by chance..

images (6).jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back