Typhon 3s Street build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southcakk843

Reaction score
Has anyone built an on road 3s street basher before the vendetta,infraction….???? I’m stuck on spur gear… I done went through all!!! Spur gear slipper arrma 3s has to offer n for some reason the slipper eliminator (diy) style traxxas spur seem to hold up …I jus lowered the gearing to a 13-14 tooth pinion…..only thing now is I want my car to be able drift wen needed n jus hook n book!!! But will the slippers plates hold up??? I kno the slipper eliminator is jus for speed runs only but um tired of my slipper keeps coming loose or that screw in the middle of the slipper breaks inside( done that many many time…so I thought bout that n just add lower differential fluid so I can get jus enough pump,pressure,power wateva u want to call it.. but to the rear but not much …yes I have metal diff’s n yes I know wat im doin jus lookn for inspiration and insight

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Has anyone built an on road 3s street basher before the vendetta,infraction….???? I’m stuck on spur gear… I done went through all!!! Spur gear slipper arrma 3s has to offer n for some reason the slipper eliminator (diy) style traxxas spur seem to hold up …I jus lowered the gearing to a 13-14 tooth pinion…..only thing now is I want my car to be able drift wen needed n jus hook n book!!! But will the slippers plates hold up??? I kno the slipper eliminator is jus for speed runs only but um tired of my slipper keeps coming loose or that screw in the middle of the slipper breaks inside( done that many many time…so I thought bout that n just add lower differential fluid so I can get jus enough pump,pressure,power wateva u want to call it.. but to the rear but not much …yes I have metal diff’s n yes I know wat im doin jus lookn for inspiration and insight
You wouldn't be here if you knew what you were doing 😂

This is a very funny thread...to say the least....I've built many plastic chassis rockets before the detta, mega....I'd just go with a spool...HR or the much stronger an better okaytay spool.well with the 35$ price tag...slipper just have to much going on..with spool ya strip teeth on spool,with slipper ya got pads,screws,springs,etc all made of cheap shiot,alot of things can go bad on slipper.ya already got metal diffs.trust me when I say spool will handle whatever ya throw at it..I run my vendetta with huge,heavy packs putting out over 10hp an recently went 0-140mph in 6 seconds...

Prime example of three jackass’s lol wasn’t lookn for smart ass comments but I’ll take that to.!
You know we gotta keep it interesting!!
You say you already maxed out the gearing with the slipper.. so there is only one way to go from here!! Get the HR spool and send it.. you just gotta finesse that itchy trigger finger!! 💯

Thanks that’s all I was looking for…but will the slipper piece that connects to the main input gear hold up to the power cus I keep cracking them..with another inner bearing piece on it???

Thanks that’s all I was looking for…but will the slipper piece that connects to the main input gear hold up to the power cus I keep cracking them..with another inner bearing piece on it???
Same here....get a oktay spool from Demarcus autosport..fast shipping,has held up so far...fits module way better...can fit 32t mod1 gear..here's 31/32

16785816428885380464429644455108.jpg

16785817610931044036584840923672.jpg

16785818112987267957211264600870.jpg

you are running the arrma metal diff in the rear I bet an your breaking them here???

Attachments

• 16785821306254245276077909775561.jpg
    16785821306254245276077909775561.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Bingo!!! So ur sayn an oktay spool is more beefer then HR???? But i honestly want parts that’s goin to hold up.. um not to big on speed running cuz of I cnt find a good road in my area…but 60-70mph is ite for me plus um making my typhon n big rock street bashers…honestly plastic chassis cnt take hits like my 6s kraton so yea instead of me buying the detta n fraction jus convert wat I have but with my twist..

If your good at 60-70 why don't you just use the 50t spur and a big pinion and leave the slipper alone.. should handle that kinda of performance.. I've had no problems with my slipper at 67 mph bash sessions.. held up very nice actually!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back