Outcast 4s driveshaft issue…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Anyone having similar issues with the 4s driveshaft outdrive at the rear differential? How are y’all keeping the grub screw from backing out/stripping? I’ve tried using superglue as I would loctite, but it doesn’t hold. Thanks.

E1352B95-65F5-4643-9FA9-3A99CF596832.jpeg

99BC2B1E-FD45-40CF-AB15-DAB65A42AD58.jpeg

You could try this thread lock made for plastic:

Vibra-TITE 213 VC-3 Threadmate Threadlocker, -65 to 165 Degree F, 5mL Tube, Red https://a.co/d/cM1L0lV
I heard of that weeks ago then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder as I want to try it out 👍
Might’ve been somewhere on here I saw this being discussed. I think someone tried using a big shrink wrap tube over that hub to lock the screw in…?
The grub recesses into the plastic part so it wouldn’t help. I even use longer grubs, 5mm. That’s a thought though, maybe 7mm grubs would work with marine shrink wrap…

I heard of that weeks ago then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder as I want to try it out 👍

The grub recesses into the plastic part so it wouldn’t help. I even use longer grubs, 5mm. That’s a thought though, maybe 7mm grubs would work with marine shrink wrap…
That's an interesting thought. Not sure how much clearance you have around those driveshafts, but if I were you i might try using an extra long grub screw (one that protrudes out from the plastic just a bit) and then wrap it all in a layer or two of gorilla tape or something similar. I feel like it would be hard for the screw to back out with something sticky pressing down on it.

I had a similar issue on my tekno with an exposed drive pin that kept self-ejecting, the gorilla tape was the ugly but sure fix for holding the drive pin in. No more issues since.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hector_fisher-builds-a-sct410-3-and-stuff.55951/post-815933

This is where I saw it:

Is that the same issue you’re having? I’m thinking maybe not… different screw.
I think he’s addressing the retaining pin.
Man, there at the end is a perfect example of how NOT to lube the diff during reassembly! Good grief he slathered it on like bbq sauce 😂 just bare minimum rubbed into the ring gear is enough, otherwise dust infiltration turns it into a gunked up mess.
That's an interesting thought. Not sure how much clearance you have around those driveshafts, but if I were you i might try using an extra long grub screw (one that protrudes out from the plastic just a bit) and then wrap it all in a layer or two of gorilla tape or something similar. I feel like it would be hard for the screw to back out with something sticky pressing down on it.

I had a similar issue on my tekno with an exposed drive pin that kept self-ejecting, the gorilla tape was the ugly but sure fix for holding the drive pin in. No more issues since.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hector_fisher-builds-a-sct410-3-and-stuff.55951/post-815933
I think I’ll just put a second, short 2-3mm grub in after the first one to lock it. See if that works. At least parts are in stock. I ordered a couple new outdrives for 18 bucks and they’ll be here in 5-7 days. Meanwhile, I trimmed up the inside of the old one with an exacto blade and crammed it on. Hopefully it holds for the next week.

Last edited:
You could try this thread lock made for plastic:

Vibra-TITE 213 VC-3 Threadmate Threadlocker, -65 to 165 Degree F, 5mL Tube, Red https://a.co/d/cM1L0lV
I’m trying this out finally. Thanks for the suggestion! I’m going to try it on regular screws as well.

Man, there at the end is a perfect example of how NOT to lube the diff during reassembly! Good grief he slathered it on like bbq sauce 😂 just bare minimum rubbed into the ring gear is enough, otherwise dust infiltration turns it into a gunked up mess.
If some is good, more's better! :LOL: Just like Tylenol!
Just kiddin', yeah that seems like it's going to be a disaster during diff rebuilds. Lotta grease.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back