Granite 4s slipper in Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrooksy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey, can I just drop the 4s HD upgraded slipper clutch in the Granite 4x4 Mega 550? It has the 14 tooth gear on it now.
Upgraded to a brushless 3s for my son and the slipper clutch is slipping too much I think. I can hear it slipping I think. It screams, but it won’t pull the front tires off the ground, it lights up the stock tires though. Maybe some good tire advise to switch him to as well.
ESC is set at 75% punch…is that where that should be?
I searched but couldn’t find a complete answer.
Thanks.

Have you adjusted the slipper?
I did the deal where you hold the tightening nut and push it until the tires start to drag, and then it is a little tighter than that. So I think I can get the Mod 0.8 57T slipper set and the Mod 0.8 pinion gear and drop those in there. That all I need? I am guessing it is able to handle more torque.

But it does "light up" the tires. Are the factory tires so bad that they wont even grip on rough concrete?

Mine definitely has no problem lifting the front tires with stock rubber. And ive only run 2s.
What brushless system did you swap in? If your running the stock mega 48p gears its geared waaay lower than a stock blx granite

Mine definitely has no problem lifting the front tires with stock rubber. And ive only run 2s.
What brushless system did you swap in? If your running the stock mega 48p gears its geared waaay lower than a stock blx granite
It’s stock gears then. That could be something to look at. Hobbywing EXRun Max 10. It will turn the tires to pie plates, but won’t pull the front tires up.

Yes as long as you switch to the mod 0.8 pinion to match the 57t spur. As mentioned above make sure slipper is set correctly and your ready to rock! I run the 4s steel spur in all 3 of our 3s rigs and have had not a single issue at all. Also makes setting the tedious 3s gear mesh a lot easier as the plastic spur doesn't give the tick tock sound like the metal on metal does.

Yes as long as you switch to the mod 0.8 pinion to match the 57t spur. As mentioned above make sure slipper is set correctly and your ready to rock! I run the 4s steel spur in all 3 of our 3s rigs and have had not a single issue at all. Also makes setting the tedious 3s gear mesh a lot easier as the plastic spur doesn't give the tick tock sound like the metal on metal does.
That’s what I will do then. Thanks a lot guys!

What pinion size should I start with?

What pinion size should I start with?
15t is stock size and what I run on all mine. Plenty of speed, wheelies for days and great air control👍🏼 if Jenny's has them you can find one on there for like $4-$5

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back