Big Rock 4s arrma slipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrockcliff27

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Okay question guys I upgraded my bigrock to a 4s spur gear do I also need the 4s houseing for the gear? Seems to be hitting bottom of my gear case and rubbing on it. I also Installed three metal slipper pads am I supposed to have four? Any help it won't run right ever since putting this thing in. Replaced the whole chassis and the gear case from 3s. Anything else I should upgrade to 4s?

Did you get the exact arrma made 4s metal spur? If so, that one takes 4 slipper pads. If you went the hot racing route, they actually make a 3s replacement spur that takes 3 pads and a 4s replacement that takes 4.

The housing is the exact same with the exception of the red mount plate. The 4s plate is 1 mm thicker. It’s a good idea to get this if you haven’t. I don’t know if it will solve your slop on the inside, but it is harder to bend when you’re bashing.

What about it “doesn’t run right?”

Okay question guys I upgraded my bigrock to a 4s spur gear do I also need the 4s houseing for the gear? Seems to be hitting bottom of my gear case and rubbing on it. I also Installed three metal slipper pads am I supposed to have four? Any help it won't run right ever since putting this thing in. Replaced the whole chassis and the gear case from 3s. Anything else I should upgrade to 4s?
The 3s and 4s spur case are interchangeable, so that’s not your issue. As mentioned before, the 4s motor mount is 6mm rather than the 3s 5mm, so it’s a better choice.

Are you using the hot racing metal pads? You’re supposed to only need three of the metal pads, but I don’t know if they will work with the Arrma metal spur gear. The may be proprietary to the hot racing metal spur gear. Try switching them out and use 4 stock pads. Assemble it all as indicated below.

But before doing this make sure you’ve assembled it correctly to begin with using the second example below, where you use 3 pads rather then 4 (3s assembly).

IMG_9648.png

IMG_9649.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back