Kraton 6 year old with a 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TBH, having only 6s platforms to deal with simplifies things for sure.
It would be easier and save money in the long run. I just think it's to heavy to have safe fun with.
I started to look at granite which was probably the best choice but the 150 used deal I lost. And the Granite needs extended a arms and would cost a nice chunk to upgrade to brushless.

Then theres the 4s which I think is just a modded granite (not sure) but I have seen it in action. The kraton 4s drives nicer then my kraton 6s or feels that way. It just feel more stable.

To make a long story short, I bought the 4s in the classifieds. I hope to run it on 3s and power it down and that should be a good starting speed. We'll see. I'm sure hes going to be happy with it.
If anyone has suggestions on must get parts or what parts break easily let me know. I have to place a Jenny's order soon anyway.

Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions. They were all good and I thought about what everyone said. Hopefully I made a good choice. The truck looks clean , cant wait to try it out

Granite does not "Need" extended arms. Why do you feel that it does? Driver skill matters more so, when driving one. And any wider arms, usually equates to more prone damage, in general IMHO.
How about a 3s BRCC???
If you want slightly bigger for your son.
And 6s line is way too much for a young child. But would know better as his Dad
Even if you went to a any "decent" LHS and told them your intent, they would same the same.:unsure:

Last edited:
Granite does not "Need" extended arms. Why do you feel that it does? Driver skill matters more so, when driving one.
How about a 3s BRCC???
If you want slightly bigger for your son.:unsure:
I read it rolls alot and so theres a a arm kit for it, no?
Buying used is fine if it looks good n clean.
My used clean options were low.
If the outcast is to big , then I'll buy a granite

You are overthinking the "traction rolling" thing.
At very high speeds, its more of a thing. As with any RC however. It's all about learning how to drive what you got.
They all have different personalities. You adapt to it, not the other way around. You don't let an RC drive you. You drive it.
Takes hundreds of hours of wheel time, driving different ones, to understand this.
Driving slower in the beginning helps you develope the skill set.;)

Last edited:
You are overthinking the "traction rolling" thing.
At very high speeds, its more of a thing. As with any RC however. It's all about learning how to drive what you got.
They all have different personalities. You adapt to it, not the other way around. You don't let an RC drive you. You drive it.
Takes hundreds of hours of wheel time, driving different ones, to understand this.
Driving slower in the beginning helps you develope the skill set.;)
All very true. Also applies to a 6 year old with a 4s. Honestly I'll probably have to buy a granite soon anyway. Once my 4 year old sees her older brother get a rc .... well of course she'll want one too.

Granite does not "Need" extended arms.

Agree 100%. Not sure where that came from.

@Saltystevo check out videos of the original V1 Outcast 4S — it’s a granite with longer arms and looks like it drives worse IMO.

Exactly.
At some point making a chassis with a wider track width than its wheelbase makes it drive like crap. As you approach making the Wheelbase and Trackwidth dimensions "Square", you have a very poor driving geometry.
With Extremely poor directional stability.

He was concerned with Granite rolling over with his 6 year old son. I shared a link to the wide track kit that arrma sells for the Granite to help with that. That's where it came from. Didn't figure it'd cause grief. My bad

Not grief , just that it is not totally necessary.
It seems whenever they make a new upgrade part, many feel it is the answer to something. As the OP sees it. And wider arms just reduces durability and directional stability, in this case, IMO.
Caveat Emptor....

^^^ I am sure he must be very good at driving to handle that. My son worked his way up to the big stuff. From age 6.
At age 10 my son was ready for his own 6s Infraction. He blows me way. Full speed to 100mph against my Limitless, gracefully every time. When kids are young they naturally have very good/eye hand reaction skills. Just teach them the basic fundamentals and safety, and they are good to go.(y)(y):giggle:

Last edited:
I dunno what kind of parenting you guys do — my son was driving a 200mph Limitless at age 3. Full power, punch 10.

? There still looking for it. :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back