Kraton 6s arrma Custom/homemade mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One i'm doing to a lot of my 6s swb rigs now (including the one on my profile pic) is to take a t bone front or rear bumper and add the wfo maxx whelie bar bracket with skateboard wheels.
The other "homemade" mod is cutting 47mm out of the chassis in front of the center diff on a typhon chassis to make the wheelbase right for the lightning mcqueen push toy. It was a blast but only 2wd and running it into a curb at speed tacoed the chassis 🤣 Just Bash it has a custom shorty chassis on the way that will fit two of the shorter center drive shafts in it so it can still be awd and darn near the same wheelbase.

k4exb.jpg

k4exb2.jpg

mcqueen2.jpg

mcqueen3.jpg

mcqueen4.jpg

mcqueen.jpg

Been a bit since I started but here are some of my mods

Car door edge protector to prevent splits
image.jpg

M5 bolts for shock standoffs
image.jpg

Small pieces of foam under electrics to dampen shock
image.jpg
Custom antenna mount (because stock is hard to get at and is low down)
image.jpg
homemade mud guards on rear Arms
image.jpg
rear wing braces made from erevo 2.0 rear track rods to stop the mounts from snapping every other jump
image.jpg

Car door edge protector to prevent splitsView attachment 352237
M5 bolts for shock standoffsView attachment 352238
View attachment 352239Custom antenna mount (because stock is hard to get at and is low down)View attachment 352240homemade mud guards on rear ArmsView attachment 352241rear wing braces made from erevo 2.0 rear track rods to stop the mounts from snapping every other jumpView attachment 352250
Yes on the rear brace struts !!!

d.jpg

a4.jpg

Last edited:

Car door edge protector to prevent splitsView attachment 352237
M5 bolts for shock standoffsView attachment 352238
View attachment 352239Custom antenna mount (because stock is hard to get at and is low down)View attachment 352240homemade mud guards on rear ArmsView attachment 352241rear wing braces made from erevo 2.0 rear track rods to stop the mounts from snapping every other jumpView attachment 352250
Ngl I hate the Arrma RX box. It's such a pain to route the wires into unless you remove the chassis brace.

I feel like this needs to go in the Jerry Rig thread! Nice modding!

I third the wing mount brace but I used erevo endlinks on one side of a kraton 4s turnbuckle, and then with a 3s/4s front hinge pin brace I was able to put a swb 6s rear chassis brace as another means of load transfer

I third the wing mount brace but I used erevo endlinks on one side of a kraton 4s turnbuckle, and then with a 3s/4s front hinge pin brace I was able to put a swb 6s rear chassis brace as another means of load transfer

Attachments

• IMG_8758.png
    IMG_8758.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8759.png
    IMG_8759.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Looks like you might have lost a body mount screw there on the bottom left side too (y)

We have implemented "No Wear" bushings on A-arms and Rear axle housings.
Made "No Wear" bushings for the Ackermann plate
Made "No Wear" shims for Top front a-arms & Lower Rear ( Different thickness's for Castor angle tweaks )
Made "No Wear" bushings for the servo steering link.
All done using Polyether ether ketone (PEEK)

Made mud wipers for inside wheels
Made Mud guards
Made Ghetto center chassis braces ( Plate as well rod types )

J
e.jpg
ust made in the last hour ... a TRUE 7075-T651 alloy Ackermann plate

Shown was the parts prefab evolution on the Typhon, the Kraton has followed along with similar fabrications.

Think it ... Design it ... Build it :unsure: (y)

DSCF0417.JPG

DSCF0416.JPG

t.jpg

DSCF0415.JPG

DSCF0640.JPG

o.jpg

z1.jpg
k.jpg

l.jpg

Last edited:
Back