6S battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miklo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking to buy a 6S battery for the Kraton
There are so many to chose from
Anyone have some recommendations?
Pros and cons?
Should weight be considered on a higher mah battery when jumping and bashing?

From what I've read the heavier the battery is for the same capacity (mAh) and voltage, the better the battery will handle high-stress situations like jumping and full-throttle operation.

Personally I've got 2 Spektrum 6s 5000mAh 50C batteries, and one Turnigy 6s 5000C Graphene 45C battery. All of them are good batteries.

Ovanics, SMC, HRB, Awanfi, Goldbat, Power Hobby, Spektrum, Turnigy are some battery company names. You definitely want at minimum 5000mAh 50C, from that point as you add more mAh, the weight starts to go up. Then I feel it's operator judgement on whether staying higher mAh or minimal! Good luck!

Ovanics, SMC, HRB, Awanfi, Goldbat, Power Hobby, Spektrum, Turnigy are some battery company names. You definitely want at minimum 5000mAh 50C, from that point as you add more mAh, the weight starts to go up. Then I feel it's operator judgement on whether staying higher mAh or minimal! Good luck!

Thank you. I was looking at a couple batteries on Amazon. One particular brand zeee has decent reviews and is priced well.
I'm wondering if it's worth trying one like this or spending the extra $$ on power hobbies or one like that

Thank you. I was looking at a couple batteries on Amazon. One particular brand zeee has decent reviews and is priced well.
I'm wondering if it's worth trying one like this or spending the extra $$ on power hobbies or one like that
My personal opinion is spend the extra money on better batteries. After dealing with some of the cheaper brands I've learned that mostly you get what you pay for to an extent. Not saying buy MaxAmps and pay out the nose, though

My personal opinion is spend the extra money on better batteries. After dealing with some of the cheaper brands I've learned that mostly you get what you pay for to an extent. Not saying buy MaxAmps and pay out the nose, though
Is it true that if you do not use lipos within a week of charging that you should go back and put it in storage mode?

Wow I am glad I asked. I was not aware of that. Thank you
So here's a couple of tips for lithium batteries.

1. Always balance charge.
2. Do not let cell voltage drop below 3.3V/cell
3. Don't charge above 4.2V. The batteries that are High-Voltage are regular LiPo batteries. While charging to 4.35V most likely won't cause a fire, it will drastically reduce overall battery lifetime.
4. Try not to operate the battery below 32F/0C. In cold weather LiPo batteries struggle to put power out, which can lead to reduced overall life.
5. No temperatures above 130F. Heat kills LiPo batteries very fast. Plus, above 140-150F, there is a very real danger of the battery self-igniting.
6. Follow manufacturer guidelines regarding charge rate. Higher charge rates (where permitted) will reduce charge time, but might reduce battery lifetime overall. I personally charge at 2C. To me it is a good balance between lifetime and charge time.
7. Use a quality balancing charger. Junsi, Revolectrix, Spektrum, and other brands make very good chargers.
8. Always charge on a fireproof surface, preferably in a fire-resistant container, just in case.

LiPo batteries are generally safe if caution is observed.

Last edited:
MorganFreemanRight.jpg

In my experience it's better to buy lipo's direct from suppliers with global warehouses and proper warranty policies and support like Hobbyking, gensacearespammers and Ovonics.
It might be a little more expensive but over time (30+ lipo's) i've had a few bad ones and always received new ones instantly.

So here's a couple of tips for lithium batteries.

1. Always balance charge.
2. Do not let cell voltage drop below 3.3V/cell
3. Don't charge above 4.2V. The batteries that are High-Voltage are regular LiPo batteries. While charging to 4.35V most likely won't cause a fire, it will drastically reduce overall battery lifetime.
4. Try not to operate the battery below 32F/0C. In cold weather LiPo batteries struggle to put power out, which can lead to reduced overall life.
5. No temperatures above 130F. Heat kills LiPo batteries very fast. Plus, above 140-150F, there is a very real danger of the battery self-igniting.
6. Follow manufacturer guidelines regarding charge rate. Higher charge rates (where permitted) will reduce charge time, but might reduce battery lifetime overall. I personally charge at 2C. To me it is a good balance between lifetime and charge time.
7. Use a quality balancing charger. Junsi, Revolectrix, Spektrum, and other brands make very good chargers.
8. Always charge on a fireproof surface, preferably in a fire-resistant container, just in case.

LiPo batteries are generally safe if caution is observed.
That's a great bit of info. Thank you sir.

Is it true that if you do not use lipos within a week of charging that you should go back and put it in storage mode?
You should be putting them in storage mode immediately after use. Every time.

Buy these, they're killer, I promise!
20200121_162814.jpg
20200121_163733.jpg
20200121_163436.jpg

Attachments

• 20200121_163245.jpg
    20200121_163245.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 30
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back