Mojave 6s brand new Mojave tie rod issue?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M4rc11993

Reaction score
Hi there. I would like to know that this movement is normal or no. I can't tighten the screw more.
I made a video what it looks like.
https://w-si.link/lYD1MXF8ACijHjlUL

Screenshot_20231230_161759.jpg

Yeah in that video I see slop with the Ball in its ball end, Common and normal for Arrma stuff. Also see some Ackerman ( Red center link) slop as well. You cant tighten any more to solve this. It's usually not the hardware or fastener being loose. But double check always. I use a slight amount of Blue Threadlocker with much of the steering fasteners that are metal on metal. Even the Nylock Nuts can potentially loosen, without a drop of TL on them.
Observant of you to notice. Many don't. I place Teflon tape sometimes into the ball ends, then pop the ball back in. Removing ball slop effectively enough. Doing this to every single ball end throughout my rigs. I don't always do this as these are just bashers and wont affect the overall performance. I will do this with my Speed runners only as of late. ( Lim. and Infr.)
Definitely look over everything well. You may find some loose fasteners. Could even go the extra mile and make sure the Ackerman "step screws" are tight enough. Removing the whole ST belcrank/SS is the only and best way. While you have this out, good idea to install 4 BB's in place of the small 4 Brass bushings. I use Blue Locktite #243. The One oz. bottle will last for years and dispenses easily, less waste. With TL, I feel less is more FWIW. Letting cure for 24 hours before use is the rule. Cleaning the fasteners well first. Heat applied is best when loosening them. Mini torch or heat gun works. You will smell the TL when it heats up , then you remove with quality Hex hand rivers. L wrenches are NG. Don't use them. Or you will end up with improperly torqued fasteners and/or stripped out ones.

Welcome to AF.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back