6s ECS upgrade to 8s ECS, bec should be set at ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FAILWISH

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have mojave, talion infraction and felony from 6s to 8s ecs transplants.. i left there bec at 8v.. all my electrics are still 6s.. should i be knocking it down to 6s standards.. and put it at 6v...im not planning to use any 8s power .. strictly 6s for a long while... Search doesn't answer this..

I have mojave, talion infraction and felony from 6s to 8s ecs transplants.. i left there bec at 8v.. all my electrics are still 6s.. should i be knocking it down to 6s standards.. and put it at 6v...im not planning to use any 8s power .. strictly 6s for a long while... Search doesn't answer this..
There is no correlation between how many cells you are running and the BEC voltage.
And also no „6s standard“.

Set it to the highest voltage your servo, receiver, fans and whatever else you are running off the BEC can handle and you are good.

In addition to the replies above, the "S" refers to number of cells, with each cell being 3.7 volts nominal and 4.2 volts max. So "6S" is actually 6*3.7 = 22.2 volts nominal and 25.2 volts max. 8S is 29.6 volts and 33.6 volts respectively. The BEC voltage is usually somewhere between 6-8.4 volts depending on what the ESC is capable of supplying. The maximum voltage is dependent on your other electronics equipment as mentioned above.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back