Outcast 6S inside tierod ends - AR330230

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Can't seem to find anything search because "rod" is too short/common to use and I ended up with a ton of threads that were irrelevant. Was curious if there are rod ends that can replace the inside tierod ends on the 6S trucks. There are only 2 in the package when you buy AR330230, which I have 3 or 4 packages of and all of these ends are used up. Tired of spending $10 for 2 rod ends.

I tried some RPM ones mentioned before, but they were so soft that they just ripped during my first bash, same with the traxxas ones they would replace.

I suppose I could try traxxas's newest ones for the e-revo push rods... they are pretty beefy. Will have to use their steel balls though as they are smaller along with a washer/nut so they don't fall off if they do pop loose.

https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8647X

Thanks.

Last edited:
Will Tekno ends works??? Not sure.....
I know Tekno composite plastics are stout. Never broke one on my MT410.
However , I only broke one tie rod end of all my 6s rigs to date.🤷‍♂️ I run 6s. Not 8s, FWIW.
:cool:

Will Tekno ends works??? Not sure.....
I know Tekno composite plastics are stout. Never broke one on my MT410.
However , I only broke one tie rod end of all my 6s rigs to date.🤷‍♂️ I run 6s. Not 8s, FWIW.
:cool:
The MT410 uses dogleg ends on both ends for steering. Arrma uses straight on the inside and dogleg on the wheel side. Not sure if that will mess up steering geometry or not.

As long as eye to eye measurements the same, the rod end can be "s" shaped and it won't matter. The dog legged ones are usually for clearancing issues at full lock .... I.E.. clearing steering rack or the inside of wheel

As long as eye to eye measurements the same, the rod end can be "s" shaped and it won't matter. The dog legged ones are usually for clearancing issues at full lock .... I.E.. clearing steering rack or the inside of wheel
Yeah, I figured as much.

I ordered some extra traxxas 8647X's anyway, as it may be easier to install those with a nut on top. With the arrma ends, you have to disconnect the arm, or bend the crap out of stuff to put a hex driver in the "ball" part so you can back the screw out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back