6s Motor mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Distance matters a lot for those ratings, and 10awg can handle far more than 50 amps through the very short wires used in RC.
I would ask that you provide data to support a claim such as that. I do car audio a lot, and pushing more than 50amps over 10 gauge, even over short distances, is absolutely unheard of. You just don’t do it safely. Can the motors draw higher amperage’s? Sure, but now we’re talking 3 phase to the motor, and that’s a different animal.

I would ask that you provide data to support a claim such as that. I do car audio a lot, and pushing more than 50amps over 10 gauge, even over short distances, is absolutely unheard of. You just don’t do it safely. Can the motors draw higher amperage’s? Sure, but now we’re talking 3 phase to the motor, and that’s a different animal.
Your logic makes sense for car audio, since the voltage is low at 12V and the wire runs are long. I don’t know how credible the source is, but this chart does a good job showing the effect both distance and voltage have on wire ratings. A 12 inch run of 10awg wire on 6S voltage can easily handle over 100 amps continuous. Maybe 200. In my opinion, of course, which probably doesn’t matter.

Additionally, I can provide some Castle data logs if you want. The MMX8S and matching motor both use 10awg wire. I see 200a continuous and 400a peaks during every bash.

https://www.viaircorp.com/v/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/VIAIR_wiregauge_chart.pdf
1710122475379.png

but now we’re talking 3 phase to the motor, and that’s a different animal.
That current has to come from somewhere, and it runs right through those connectors you’re using.

Your logic makes sense for car audio, since the voltage is low at 12V and the wire runs are long. I don’t know how credible the source is, but this chart does a good job showing the effect both distance and voltage have on wire ratings. A 12 inch run of 10awg wire on 6S voltage can easily handle over 100 amps continuous. Maybe 200. In my opinion, of course, which probably doesn’t matter.

Additionally, I can provide some Castle data logs if you want. The MMX8S and matching motor both use 10awg wire. I see 200a continuous and 400a peaks during every bash.

https://www.viaircorp.com/v/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/VIAIR_wiregauge_chart.pdf
View attachment 353882

That current has to come from somewhere, and it runs right through those connectors you’re using.
Voltage doesn’t affect how much amperage a wire can handle. Amps is amps. Voltage does affect the length it can carry that amperage.

You’ve peaked my interest though, and now I must do a bake off to see. These connectors are a cold weld connection using silver plating, the only metal more conductive than copper. All the RC plugs use gold plated, which isn’t nearly as conductive. Then you toss in some solder with lesser conductive metals in there too? I don’t know, my money is on the Anderson Power Plug

In DC you have one power, and one ground. The ground must be able to discharge the power, so only one side is rated. In 3 phase all 3 wires are rated.

Last edited:
I hand (hydraulic) crimped every power cable and every RCA. 😁. Those RCA’s are silver coated copper plugs. The difference being, to plate silver you must first plate it in a lesser metal, which effect’s conductivity. These are straight silver over copper.

The Mosconi DSP and battery cover was sprayed white, then I did an epoxy top coat. That white will always be that white. The amps are anodized aluminum, they’ll always be a shiny copper, I love it!
1710126117308.jpeg

Last edited:
Voltage doesn’t affect how much amperage a wire can handle. Amps is amps. Voltage does affect the length it can carry that amperage.

You’ve peaked my interest though, and now I must do a bake off to see. These connectors are a cold weld connection using silver plating, the only metal more conductive than copper. All the RC plugs use gold plated, which isn’t nearly as conductive. Then you toss in some solder with lesser conductive metals in there too? I don’t know, my money is on the Anderson Power Plug

In DC you have one power, and one ground. The ground must be able to discharge the power, so only one side is rated. In 3 phase all 3 wires are rated.
Turns out someone already did this test. The results were than even the smaller Anderson plug they used in the test has less voltage drop than the XT90. One can assume that the larger Anderson plug that I have linked would probably outperform the XT150 pretty handedly. As noted in the linked data, make sure and use an appropriate crimp tool.
Connector data sheet

As I said, and as is proven in this test. The Anderson plugs are very close to a straight wire connection.

Last edited:
These Anderson plugs looks interesting, at least for me 'cause i failed miserably to solder XT90/60, IC5 etc.
I'm a loser baby, why don't you killed me?

Last edited:
These Anderson plugs looks interesting, at least for me 'cause i failed miserably to solder XT90/60, IC5 etc.
I'm a loser baby, why don't you killed me?
Same here! Solder is soft compared to other metals, and isn’t particularly conductive. I honestly try to avoid it where possible. This of course varies by the type you get, but even silver solder is very low % conductivity.

The part that dure16 has posted!

Cool, this is the same piece that he linked, but from Adu. So it’s 7075 instead of 6066
Adu H brace

Same here! Solder is soft compared to other metals, and isn’t particularly conductive. I honestly try to avoid it where possible.

Cool, this is the same piece that he linked, but from Adu. So it’s 7075 instead of 6066
Adu H brace
Another pro-tip on this. Make your battery wires as absolutely short as possible. The wires between the ESC and motor are far less sensitive to length. If you add 6” to your battery wire it will absolutely make a difference. DC power flows like water in a pipe. The longer the pipe, the longer it takes for the water to get there. It’s also harder to stop, which is where putting a cap pack NEAR the ESC helps. Putting a cap pack attached to lead wires kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited:

View attachment 353882

I’ve seen this all over the place. This is what happens when RC ratings meet real world ratings. We all know the C ratings they put on batteries are bogus. So are the rating capabilities of the RC plugs. They can handle it in short burst, but not sustained. Its all about heat dissipation, and the tiny RC connectors just don’t compare to an Anderson plug. Surprisingly, the Anderson plug isn’t much heavier than its RC counterparts.

Last edited:
I’ve seen this all over the place. This is what happens when RC ratings meet real world ratings. We all know the C ratings they put on batteries are bogus. So are the rating capabilities of the RC plugs. They can handle it in short burst, but not sustained. Its all about heat dissipation, and the tiny RC connectors just don’t compare to an Anderson plug. Surprisingly, the Anderson plug isn’t much heavier than its RC counterparts.
If you use silicone power cables, as most of these cables are, then you can step up to running 75amp connectors on these plugs.

One other thing to mention, are the duty ratings on these plugs vs the RC plugs. Connecting the ESC and battery on the EC/XT’s is noticeably easier after 20 or so connects/disconnects. It’s at that point they stop making a really good connection, and it continues down from there. The Anderson are spring loaded, and are rated for 10k connects/disconnects.

Here are the 75amp connectors, they use the same lugs - 75amp connectors
I’m converting my 6S trucks to 8S 5690’s, and I’m going to crimp these directly on the batteries. Since they are separated it should be easy to do parallel or series connections.

Last edited:
Yeah, well, I couldn't stand it for another minute after gearing up my Kraton 6s EXB Roller to a 21 to a 22 pinion with a CC 1717. The stock mount allows no more room for a 23 tooth and the plastic front bearing support just looks like a accident waiting to happen, sooo.... This happened on Tuesday @ 6:20 pm. To make a short story short, got a notification from Royal Mail say that my shipment left the UK to the US on Thursday! Like some others have mentioned, other suppliers are next level nice, all the Scorched stuff is just sublime. I could go on about multiple reasons why I went the this route and the least is ease of gear engagement and indexing although I do love it. This is just some 100% rock solid poop.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...r-arrma-1-8th-and-1-7th-trucks-basher-version

BTW, saw Razz's last attempt at speed record a day after I ordered using 4 1717's and who's mounts is he using? ;) I'm no RC Pro nor am I chasing a speed record, but I've built hundreds of motorcycle engines, one Suzuki GS1100E Turbo that was on the news in the late 80's with methanol injection (guy went to prison for a year) and built and drag raced bikes on a amatuer level but came in 9th in Pro E.T. and now work in manufacturing heavy machinery (can making machines) where tolerances are to the ten thousands of an inch (0.0002 to 0.0005), I think I'm qualified to say.... Scorched has it down.

Having said as much, when I wreck, I hope you all will have a beer, shed a tear and think "well, it wasn't the part, it was the driver", lol.

Yeah, well, I couldn't stand it for another minute after gearing up my Kraton 6s EXB Roller to a 21 to a 22 pinion with a CC 1717. The stock mount allows no more room for a 23 tooth and the plastic front bearing support just looks like a accident waiting to happen, sooo.... This happened on Tuesday @ 6:20 pm. To make a short story short, got a notification from Royal Mail say that my shipment left the UK to the US on Thursday! Like some others have mentioned, other suppliers are next level nice, all the Scorched stuff is just sublime. I could go on about multiple reasons why I went the this route and the least is ease of gear engagement and indexing although I do love it. This is just some 100% rock solid poop.

https://scorchedparts.co.uk/collect...r-arrma-1-8th-and-1-7th-trucks-basher-version
One thing you might look into is the Vitavon differential spur gear. They offer it in a 44t. This will allow you to get your motor closer to center, and potentially avoid needing to buy a new mount.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2846179328...RpRqTTh-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYIf

One thing you might look into is the Vitavon differential spur gear. They offer it in a 44t. This will allow you to get your motor closer to center, and potentially avoid needing to buy a new mount.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2846179328...RpRqTTh-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPYIf
Agree. I didn’t want to wait for Vitavon shipping from China so I bought this one. It has held up great to big power.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3346903257...GLMtWKkTgS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

T
Agree. I didn’t want to wait for Vitavon shipping from China so I bought this one. It has held up great to big power.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3346903257...GLMtWKkTgS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Thats a good find! How is it holding up?

I agree, Scorched is hands down the best made and designed gear I own. The shipping being crazy fast is icing on the 🎂

It has held up great to big power. 1721 1260kv on 6S in a Kraton.
Nice! I just got my Vitavon 44t in. I always aim for the lowest TTC possible, and this should help me get lower. Right now I’m running a 4990 6S with a 21T on the Fireteam converted to Big Rock, and it is an absolute monster! It pulls nice wheelies on asphalt from a stand still. I have a 5690 I was going to put in, but I think running the 4990 on 8S will be the sweet spot for weight/power ratio. I’m pretty sure this thing would do standing backflips on 8S. Can’t wait!

Nice! I just got my Vitavon 44t in. I always aim for the lowest TTC possible, and this should help me get lower. Right now I’m running a 4990 6S with a 21T on the Fireteam converted to Big Rock, and it is an absolute monster! It pulls nice wheelies on asphalt from a stand still. I have a 5690 I was going to put in, but I think running the 4990 on 8S will be the sweet spot for weight/power ratio. I’m pretty sure this thing would do standing backflips on 8S. Can’t wait!

My Kraton will do standing backflips with a 21T on 6s no sweat. CC 1717 1650, MMX 8S, gensacearespammers 6800 100C HV charged to standard voltage and Proline Streetfighters. Now that I have a real battery charger, I can't wait to see what it'll do charged to it's true potential.

Have you thought about running Scorched Diffs so you can use GP5 pinions to lower your numerical gear ratio?

Back