6s Motor mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
So since PPS seems to be out of the picture what is a good alternative to the Grub lock motor mount? I've heard mixed things about the Hot Racing unit and one review said it won't accept large diameter motors so I don't want to go that route. The Scorched unit does not allow you to mount the center roll hoop and it is $143. I can live with the stock one but I got spoiled by my Grub Lock.

Yea it's hard out here now tbh. It's crazy to me that the hot racing one doesn't work with big blocks? How did they copy pps and get that wrong?

Yea it's hard out here now tbh. It's crazy to me that the hot racing one doesn't work with big blocks? How did they copy pps and get that wrong?

THAT takes a special kind of talent.

Idk the 2 reviews of it I found were rather vague.

1696469940343.png

I know most people think GPM Parts are garbage but for the price and lack of suppliers....🤷

Screenshot_20231004_211658_eBay.jpg

I was lucky and ordered from PPS 3months ago.
20231004_212213.jpg

I think if it doesn't have easy mesh or support big blocks like pps you might as well get stock from jrc 😔

I read the letter to his customers, doesn't sound like hes closing shop.
(PPS).
Im waiting to order more from him myself. Maybe by next spring.

I read the letter to his customers, doesn't sound like hes closing shop.
(PPS).
Im waiting to order more from him myself. Maybe by next spring.
The letter has been up since August.

The letter has been up since August.

Without knowledge of the actual number of orders he could be behind on, and what is actually going on in his life, that could remain the same for some time..

Takes quite a bit of work to produce those mount's.. Even with a sophisticated CNC, there is a lot of time involved with multiple processes and fixturing.. Never know, he may have to touch that one mount for over an hour.. or maybe 2 hour's before it ever even hits the 3d printed case and is ready to go out..

Also need to take into account if he is already pulling a 8-10 hr work day..

It's quite easy to get burned out, or even physically sick from being so run down..

Just some thoughts from a guy who has made a lot of parts.. 👍

Without knowledge of the actual number of orders he could be behind on, and what is actually going on in his life, that could remain the same for some time..

Takes quite a bit of work to produce those mount's.. Even with a sophisticated CNC, there is a lot of time involved with multiple processes and fixturing.. Never know, he may have to touch that one mount for over an hour.. or maybe 2 hour's before it ever even hits the 3d printed case and is ready to go out..

It's quite easy to get burned out, or even physically sick from being so run down..

I heard that!! I pull close to 80 hours in 6 days week in week out! Winters coming and ill be fried by spring time.

The DU or ADU Racing one fits a 56mm motor. Not as nice as PPS but what can you do?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $23.01 31% Off | Alloy CNC Motor Mount Bracket Base for 1/7 Arrma(KRATON,OUTCAST,FIRETEAM,LIMITLESS,MOJAVE,TALION.TYPHON) 6S 40 42 49 56 Motor
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtc3nKm

The DU or ADU Racing one fits a 56mm motor. Not as nice as PPS but what can you do?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $23.01 31% Off | Alloy CNC Motor Mount Bracket Base for 1/7 Arrma(KRATON,OUTCAST,FIRETEAM,LIMITLESS,MOJAVE,TALION.TYPHON) 6S 40 42 49 56 Motor
Looks good on paper. Do you have one? Thoughts?

I like the use of SHCScrews to the motor plate with kick-up options to accommodate big bore cans along with the additional mounting hole threads for huge pinions. Lots of flexibility for the road cars.

1696512557309.png

Last edited:
Where's M2C at? Seems like a huge oversight IMO. Haven't made a 6s Arrma mount since v3? Huh.
I would guess they’ve stayed away because the PPS mount is so good. Why spend the time, effort, and money when your product may end up inferior in the end. M2C doesn’t like to make inferior products.

If I’m right, maybe they would consider it now that PPS is having these manufacturing issues. People would probably have to start asking them for it, though.

I'm going to try some of the ADU stuff at some point and this mount looks like a good place to start. If the quality checks out that seems like the best option for me. The PPS mounts look amazing but way more $$$ than I'm willing to pay for a motor mount.

I have seen this play out time and time again only for the vendor to just up and dissappear, remember Voltage Hobbies? Nothing against PPS and not say that is what is going to happen but that's just the way the cookie always seems to crumble.

I'm going to try some of the ADU stuff at some point and this mount looks like a good place to start. If the quality checks out that seems like the best option for me. The PPS mounts look amazing but way more $$$ than I'm willing to pay for a motor mount.
Coming from you.. I'm surprised. I don't disagree, just surprised. 😉

Back