Outcast 71.4mph Outcast on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Duke

Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
New personal best this morning with the Outcast at 71.4mph

Hobbywing Max6 ESC
Hobbywing EZRun 4985SL 1650kv
Tekno 20 tooth pinion
PowerHobby 5200mah 75c 6s lipo
dBoots Backflip tires (sealed)
Diffs: 40/500/30

IMG_9726.PNG

IMG_9731.PNG

IMG_9727.JPG

Stay tuned for 22 tooth pinion results late this week

Last edited:

Hobbywing Max6 ESC
Tekno 20 tooth pinion

View attachment 36953

View attachment 36955

Nice! How hard was it to keep the front end down? What punch level did you use? Do you as adjust your steering in the radio settings?

thanks bickety

Turned the punch down to 2 in the ESC and the dual rate for the steering down to about 50%
With the exception of a little sway action above 65 it was a drama free pass

I made 6 passes and only had to abort 1 due to it wanting to wheelie getting up to speed.
According to gps It took a little over 700' to hit 71.4 rolling into the throttle progressively from a stop

Hobbywing Max6 ESC
Tekno 20 tooth pinion
Nice passes @Mr.Duke. What would you guess was your best time when still running the stock motor and esc, just for comparison.

Fans helped out a lot I think. 121F after about 15 minutes of running on road

Cut the pack short due to time restraints

End pack voltage was 3.89v

I'm recharging the pack to bash off road with later this afternoon, so I'll have a better idea how temps will be after that run with the fans running

You mentioned sealed tires. Are they taped or anything on the inside?
I would imagine you have to be near the limits of those tires!

Cant wait to see what it does on the bigger gear. Take some video!

-Liberty

Went out goofing off around the shop a little while ago and got one of the guys to take a couple videos. Suspension was set back to bashmode so the 2 speed runs I made were a little sketchy. 69.4mph was the best out of the 2

You're nuts @Mr.Duke and I don't mean doing 70mph odd with the Outcast (that's cool), ...I mean taping your phone to the Lipo battery and sending it off down the road at those speeds. :ROFLMAO:

I'd get yourself a proper speed meter if you're enjoying seeing how fast it goes as if it does go wrong at least with a speed meter on board you're only going to lose $50-$100 rather than the $300-$500 odd for a decent smart phone. ;)

You mentioned sealed tires. Are they taped or anything on the inside?
I would imagine you have to be near the limits of those tires!

Cant wait to see what it does on the bigger gear. Take some video!

-Liberty
Tires aren't taped or strapped just "sealed" meaning the holes on the inside of the rims are all taped off and not vented on the outside through the tread which is pretty common from what I've seen

You're nuts @Mr.Duke and I don't mean doing 70mph odd with the Outcast (that's cool), ...I mean taping your phone to the Lipo battery and sending it off down the road at those speeds. :ROFLMAO:

I'd get yourself a proper speed meter if you're enjoying seeing how fast it goes as if it does go wrong at least with a speed meter on board you're only going to lose $50-$100 rather than the $300-$500 odd for a decent smart phone. ;)
I have 2 (business & personal) in case I break one, plus cheap replacement insurance on both in the event that something "unfortunate" happens.
But yes, it would be a little less stressful to use something less expensive for logging speed runs.... however, I've yet to find anything that data logs like the phone app does. That to me, the data in the logs can be more valuable than any other information besides whatever the max speed was. If I don't hit my target speed I can view the logs and find out what went wrong and why.

Know of any speed device that also records accelerometer and mapping data?

Nope. :(
Sky R/C and Dynamite both do embedded Google maps; speed, peak speed, altitude etc but no accelerometer unfortunately.

Be interesting to see though how accurate your App was/is compared to the likes of Garmin Forerunners and dedicated speed meters etc. Obviously GPS refresh rates are most important for accurate results with these things.

Went out goofing off around the shop a little while ago and got one of the guys to take a couple videos. Suspension was set back to bashmode so the 2 speed runs I made were a little sketchy. 69.4mph was the best out of the 2

Looks like you were definitely able to keep it planted ok. Not overly concerned about my Kraton now. My son got the Notorious for Christmas but hasn’t had the chance to take it out yet. Once I get my servo back and installed I’ll have to take him out with it.

Gopro hero 5 series or newer. (Used on Ebay for $150) I use mine often in RCs. A wrist strap mount worked well for most vehicles, but struggeling to find a good spot in the Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back