Outcast 71.4mph Outcast on 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the guys sent this to me this morning.

Language warning from the peanut gallery filming (NSFW)

Don't know who the shooter is, but the bullet hole pattern in that propane sign are very symmetrical!
- I know they aren't bullet holes, just reminded me of signs around where I grew up.

You're nuts @Mr.Duke and I don't mean doing 70mph odd with the Outcast (that's cool), ...I mean taping your phone to the Lipo battery and sending it off down the road at those speeds. :ROFLMAO:

I'd get yourself a proper speed meter if you're enjoying seeing how fast it goes as if it does go wrong at least with a speed meter on board you're only going to lose $50-$100 rather than the $300-$500 odd for a decent smart phone. ;)

Ok.....fine, you do have a valid point.

IMG_9814.JPG

If this purchase leads to the build of a dedicated speedrun Typhon, I'm blaming you. :D

If this purchase leads to the build of a dedicated speedrun Typhon, I'm blaming you.

Do it.

This arrived yesterday along with a gps speed meter.

Gotta solder on a xt90 connector and get some bone stock numbers before I tear it apart.

Attachments

• 2CD94A6F-D5C7-4118-AF11-9B1503908829.jpeg
    2CD94A6F-D5C7-4118-AF11-9B1503908829.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 58
@Mr.Duke The Garmin is supposed to be a great choice as a speed meter.
For $63 I couldn't turn it down.

Been testing it out on the v3 Talion (18t) today while figuring out all the settings and how to configure the custom page how I like.

Very pleased with how responsive it is so far.

IMG_9822.JPG

For $63 I couldn't turn it down.

For that price I would have bought it as well. I just got the Sky- can always upgrade later if I feel the need.
The V4 looks very capable -
Look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Me too. I'm not afraid to tear it apart- or tear it up. I have some ideas that I've been kicking around in my head watching all you guys...

Going to run it bone stock and see what I get out of it before mods. Lets hope the tires stay intact unlike my Not...

I did buy some kevlar kite string and glue, but I want best out of box numbers which means I need whatever tire expansion for gearing effect.

For that price I would have bought it as well. I just got the Sky- can always upgrade later if I feel the need.

Me too. I'm not afraid to tear it apart- or tear it up. I have some ideas that I've been kicking around in my head watching all you guys...

Going to run it bone stock and see what I get out of it before mods. Lets hope the tires stay intact unlike my Not...

I did buy some kevlar kite string and glue, but I want best out of box numbers which means I need whatever tire expansion for gearing effect.
If you start a thread on your speed journey give me a shout as I'd love to read about how you get on with the latest model Typhon. (y)

We've got rain coming in for the next couple days so I decided I'd go out to a different spot this afternoon and see if I could do better than my previous best of 71.8mph.

The results were bitter sweet yet, somehow hilarious at the same time.

I got one pass in and since I'm on a narrower street with less room to from side to side on, I put it in the trees this time when I went to full throttle.

Literally :ROFLMAO:

I never noticed these ruts on the shoulder until the Outcast was hitting them at full speed

IMG_9838.JPG
IMG_9844.PNG
IMG_9839.JPG
IMG_9840.JPG
IMG_9841.JPG
IMG_9843.JPG

Gonna take it back to the house and check everything over but at first glance it appears the only damage is a broken sway at endlink in the front and a pulled out pillow ball.

But hey, new personal best!

F YEA!!!!

AWESOME both on the speed and the crash!!

I'm about to head out for the 1st time ever with my new Typhon. Swapped the connector for an Xt90 and put the factory speed gear on as it will never be a basher.

Keep up the good work!! 75mph isn't far away for you.

How the heck are you keeping tires on it? And what gearing?

We've got rain coming in for the next couple days so I decided I'd go out to a different spot this afternoon and see if I could do better than my previous best of 71.8mph.

I got one pass in and since I'm on a narrower street with less room to from side to side on, I put it in the trees this time when I went to full throttle.

I never noticed these ruts on the shoulder until the Outcast was hitting them at full speed

View attachment 37866View attachment 37871View attachment 37867View attachment 37868View attachment 37869View attachment 37870

Gonna take it back to the house and check everything over but at first glance it appears the only damage is a broken sway at endlink in the front and a pulled out pillow ball.

Congrats on the new pb, and now we know why we have to call you "Mr" Duke.

F YEA!!!!

AWESOME both on the speed and the crash!!

I'm about to head out for the 1st time ever with my new Typhon. Swapped the connector for an Xt90 and put the factory speed gear on as it will never be a basher.

Keep up the good work!! 75mph isn't far away for you.

How the heck are you keeping tires on it? And what gearing?

I use Bob Smith IC-2000 tire glue and inspect them religiously for any indication that they're starting to separate. I've had really good luck with backflips staying together so far.

For gearing it's a 1650kv motor spinning a 22 tooth
Congrats on the new pb, and now we know why we have to call you "Mr" Duke.
Thank you for the kind words J ?

View attachment 37866View attachment 37871View attachment 37867View attachment 37868View attachment 37869View attachment 37870

That tree is growing broken Outcasts!:ROFLMAO: It doesn't look to bad. I hit a tree yesterday - no harm no foul!

I've got the front end apart and so far the only thing I've found is a broken swaybar link, 1 slightly bent hinge pin and 2 new cracks in the notorious body, which looks like to took the brunt of the damage.
Next step is to put it all back together and check all my suspension point measurements with my fingers crossed that they haven't changed any.
First thing I checked was the M2C chassis, and it's still straight as they day I got it.

#BuiltLikeAtank

I've got the front end apart and so far the only thing I've found is a broken swaybar link, 1 slightly bent hinge pin and 2 new cracks in the notorious body, which looks like to took the brunt of the damage.
Next step is to put it all back together and check all my suspension point measurements with my fingers crossed that they haven't changed any.
First thing I checked was the M2C chassis, and it's still straight as they day I got it.

#BuiltLikeAtank
M2C should be painted like a life preserver, cause it's saving my a$$ on almost every run. Glad to hear that the damage is minimal. Just imagine how much faster you might have peaked at, if the Noto didn't go all "George of the Jungle" on you. :D

M2C should be painted like a life preserver, cause it's saving my a$$ on almost every run. Glad to hear that the damage is minimal. Just imagine how much faster you might have peaked at, if the Noto didn't go all "George of the Jungle" on you. :D
It was the first time I had the throttle pinned during a run with the 22t. I think it's got a few more mph but not much more. Maybe 76-77 if I can keep it together and pointed straight on the big end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back