Outcast 800kv with stock esc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally decided on pulling the trigger on the outcast 8s. Finally had the chance to go through the truck like lightening up the shock oil, reinforcing the camber links, and topping of the fluids. My question is; can I run an 800kv motor with the stock esc? Would it be worth upgrading the stock motor? I mainly want some nasty power for pulling off stunts with ease and good air correction. I’m very found of the stock esc, so I’d like to use it for as long as I can. Any input is welcome!

Stock is 1200kv. Stock pinion is 17T.
Most go to a larger pinion to liven it up. Even 23T. Go through your diffs also that helps very much .
Going to a lower KV motor will require an even larger pinion gear at that.
A pinion gear is less $$$ than a new 800kv motor, in achieving your objective. At least initially. The ESC can handle 800kv FWIW. 🤷‍♂️
I would change the pinion and play with the ESC settings and the diffs. The ESC has Timing and Punch levels to adjust. Getting a program box for this ESC makes things quick and easy.. Good investment if you like that ESC enough, like you stated.
I think you are jumping the gun here. Too quick to change out the $motor$ already. (n) This is a new rig for you. Learn what you got first. There is potential, if you dial in what you got in front of you right now. My thoughts. :cool:

Stock is 1200kv. Stock pinion is 17T.
Most go to a larger pinion to liven it up. Even 23T. Go through your diffs also that helps very much .
Going to a lower KV motor will require an even larger pinion gear at that.
A pinion gear is less $$$ than a new 800kv motor, in achieving your objective. At least initially. The ESC can handle 800kv FWIW. 🤷‍♂️
I would change the pinion and play with the ESC settings and the diffs. The ESC has Timing and Punch levels to adjust. Getting a program box for this ESC makes things quick and easy.. Good investment if you like that ESC enough, like you stated.
I think you are jumping the gun here. Too quick to change out the $motor$ already. (n) This is a new rig for you. Learn what you got first. There is potential, if you dial in what you got in front of you right now. My thoughts. :cool:
Heck yeah man, I appreciate it!! My rig actually had a 23t on it out of the box dude.

23T stock with the the OC...... My bad , I believe the Kraton 8s has the 17T????
Enjoy that Beast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back