Aarma lvc and lipo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aarmadriver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a aarma big rock and also a aarma granite

Im running 5500mah 3s 50c gens-ace-r-spam bashing batteries and a 4000mah 3s 50c overlander

Now giving at really good run at hundred percent power the lvc is kicking in and also my lipo alarm both set at 3.4v is sounding after about 5 mins however the batteries are still at 50 percent capacity so its down to voltage sag its not the esc as its doing it on both trucks im looking to see if this is normal.

Could these be one of the following

1. Temperatures here are about 0 degrees

2. Im using a ec5 to deans adaptor

Thanks for all your help

Jonny

Adapters are just wrong!!! Just Stop using them!!! And Deans are no good for these rigs in general. Learn to solder. Part of the RC hobby. EC5's to EC5's ONLY.
Freezing temps make the lipos go flat real fast. Even fully charged.
Did you change to larger tires and/or a larger pinion gear? That wont help also.
BTW, 50% lipo capacity is a dead lipo. Unusable at that point. Needs a balance charge again. FWIW. A motor in poor worn condition or binding drivetrain will suck amps real fast FWIW.
Need more info to help further if need be.
:cool:

Last edited:
4k mah is not recommended BTW. Capacity too low for this rig. Borderline, NG. And the freezing temps adds insult injury on top of it. 🤷‍♂️
5k Mah 50c is minimum. 8k Mah's are rather heavy FWIW. (on a light rig) Weight can go against you at some point also. Just playing devils advocate here.
But hey if you want to run your rig for an hour or more, its a risk you can take. Your call. Depends how you drive/ bash.

IMHO the 5500mah is the sweet spot (Commonly used) I don't need to run my rigs longer than 20 min in general. But that is purely subjective. Just me.
I have 7k mAh 4s lipos ( Ace of Gens) Heavy enough for me. I run them in Parallel in my Lim. for speed running though for the most part with success. But I have all 6S rigs here. They are much heavier and more powerful to begin with. I never considered heavy lipos. Not that I am a weight weenie by any means.
Just cant see doubling weight of lipos though. Durability issues arise easier. Just how I fly. Adding 1 half to a full pound of weight changes the rig much. Just the shock springs alone cant handle the weight at times. If you are detailed oriented enough like me, you adjust shock preload for different weight lipos. I can be anal like that. I try to keep my rig dialed in one way. I don't like surprises with handling when bashing.
Most guys don't consider a lipos weight. I get that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back