Typhon Adding rear splitter questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt05

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I’ve seen a few people add a factory rear splitter to a normal chassis like a Typhon. Question is, how you guys doing it?

You'll need to use (and then cut/trim) the rear diffuser and its support bits from the Felony/Infraction/Limitless to make it work..

If he has a v3 chassis plastic then he can use the v3 vendetta or infraction rear diffuser .If he has aluminum chassis then v3 wouldn't work .he hasn't mentioned what he has ..no pics🤷

You'll need to use (and then cut/trim) the rear diffuser and its support bits from the Felony/Infraction/Limitless to make it work..

I’m just not seeing what can attach to where. Perhaps I need a different D block?

ABD6DFB5-B15F-485E-A9C9-ABD166BA4C01.jpeg

DE0410D7-7AF5-4350-BECD-BD9DD052F632.jpeg

I’m just not seeing what can attach to where. Perhaps I need a different D block?

View attachment 318143

View attachment 318144

You'll need to fabricate some extension plates to take up those gaps between the diffuser and the stock Typhon chassis..

I wish I have a Typhon 6S to better reference for you what I'm talking about..

Unfortunately, @Moirae snatched a Brand New Typhon 6S from me ,recently. ☹️🤣
Drats!
Frustrated Jeffrey Tambor GIF

Last edited:
Yeah you have to fab something to allow you to use the screws. Or I’m using an RPM skid plate that overlaps enough that it locks it in place. Little janky but surprisingly sturdy.
Never mind the cut up splitter pieces lol. I’m messing with trying to cover that gap and attach it to the chassis. It works well but looks like crap.

1692666367568.jpeg

Yeah you have to fab something to allow you to use the screws. Or I’m using an RPM skid plate that overlaps enough that it locks it in place. Little janky but surprisingly sturdy.
Never mind the cut up splitter pieces lol. I’m messing with trying to cover that gap and attach it to the chassis. It works well but looks like crap.

View attachment 318454

You sir whole heartily McGrubed that b!atch.
Will Forte Logo GIF by The Lonely Island

I’m going to try to come up with something more official when I have time. Or take the cut splitter pieces off lol. It’s solid without those pieces (took a couple of bad speed run crashes so far and held up fine)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back