Limitless Does anyone have any idea how much there is to gain from reducing front and rear spoiler.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
Does anyone have any idea how much there is to gain from cutting down the arrow on the front spoiler and the rear spoiler?

A fairly big gain, especially if approaching 80 + mph from my exper. Depends on the body in question. But holds true for my Lim. as one example. You need to heavily trim the front Canards and Rear wing before you can break 100mph safely and consistently. Amp cutting can hurt you otherwise. There are other factors involved as well, not just the wings. Maintaining a negative Below chassis air pressure is key. Chassis weight bias and keeping the chassis slightly raked under load also matters. Or the car will lift and fly like a frisbee with the wings trimmed considerably. Been there. Total Carnage resulted every time for me.
Amp draw becomes less, and spool up time shortens to full sustained power, when you trim the wings/spoilers. A plus. Every body is different. Trial and error dictates. Trim a little at a time. Then evaluate. You can feel the subtle differences. I trim both the front and rear together. My Lim.
>>>What model and body are you referring to specifically. ?

Last edited:
I have a Limitless v2. With HW Max5 g2 and a 4990 g2 1650kv 39/30. With stock wing and canards I went 99 mph. After trimming down 3 lines on both it went 108mph.

IMG_0861.jpeg

You got this.
Very nice Lim setup there. Very neatly done.(y)
Excellent choice in electrics, if I do say so myself.
There is a lot of potential speed there to work with. Has long legs for sure. The Lim's body Aero ( exposed wheels, etc.) does tend to have a "speed wall" at around 150mph. With that comes higher amp loads. Can get all out of shape, no matter what you do. Hard to stay planted at those speeds. At those high speeds you need a flat rear wing, while removing the front Canards altogether. And also need very stiff springs. The Perfect Pass spring set, F+R, seem to work best, short of locking out your shocks altogether.

>>>Curious, what radio did you go with?
I run the RL, RC6GS with the Dual antenna Rx, R7FG. Range is never an issue for me.

Last edited:
I have a Limitless v2. With HW Max5 g2 and a 4990 g2 1650kv 39/30. With stock wing and canards I went 99 mph. After trimming down 3 lines on both it went 108mph.

View attachment 341464

Great data.
around a 9% gain in speed is pretty nice for an $0 change to the car.

Thank you for the information. At this point I’m good with the car at 100+, I was only looking to go 100 so 108 is good. I’m at my goal pretty easily in the car as well planted. I don’t have the perfect road but I am looking into a local airport. And if they allow me, I will probably gear up to 32 and let it eat at that point. I’ll be looking for at least 120 I don’t really have a need to go any faster than that. I don’t see very well and even at 108 it was a hell of a rush.

Thank you for the information. At this point I’m good with the car at 100+, I was only looking to go 100 so 108 is good. I’m at my goal pretty easily in the car as well planted. I don’t have the perfect road but I am looking into a local airport. And if they allow me, I will probably gear up to 32 and let it eat at that point. I’ll be looking for at least 120 I don’t really have a need to go any faster than that. I don’t see very well and even at 108 it was a hell of a rush.
I agree. My most enjoyable time speed running was in the 94-110 mph range.

Beyond that it just became heart ache and lost $$$$

Don't get me wrong I had fun, but the 94-110 was very exciting and fun with much less frustrations.

I use the same radio the RL, RC6GS with the Dual antenna Rx, R7FG.

Hey breaking triple digits is truly a feat unto itself.
You're a ranking member of the AF 100MPH Club now.(y)
I use the same radio the RL, RC6GS with the Dual antenna Rx, R7FG.
You know whats up. Way to go.(y)
I agree. My most enjoyable time speed running was in the 94-110 mph range.

Beyond that it just became heart ache and lost $$$$

Don't get me wrong I had fun, but the 94-110 was very exciting and fun with much less frustrations.
+1
Had to buy Lim roller kits a few times myself. Was actually cheaper that way. Totaled them. Thankfully spared my electrics.
Just lost several YoouWoo Graphene packs in the process unfortunately.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I have stopped flying so much is because of my vision. The ground vehicles are a lot of fun and a lot less expensive. My DX six radio that I use for my airplanes has a lot of the same features that the radio link radio has, like being able to turn the sensitivity down on the steering and slowing down the speed of the steering.

I need to look at the HW Max5 to see if I can pull a data log. I think I can, if I hook it up to my PC.

The aero is only good for a few mph, so if you are looking at 100 mph, I would just leave the aero intact and trim if you need to. The extra down force makes it much more stable. That will save you bacon if you twitch on a run.

To give some perspective, I was at ~126 mph, then trimmed the aero a bit and got to 131 mph. It's pretty conservative gearing too and was maxed out at that point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back