Kraton Need some help guys. Flipping top plate.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceRC

Maestro
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm in the process of flipping the top plate on my V5. I'm wondering if I'm missing some screws to remove. I've removed everything shown in pics including hinge pin screws. Trying to remove the plastic piece above the plate.
1000002009.jpg

1000002010.jpg

Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably missing something simple. I don't think there's any screws coming up into the piece from bottom, are there?

I'm in the process of flipping the top plate on my V5. I'm wondering if I'm missing some screws to remove. I've removed everything shown in pics including hinge pin screws. Trying to remove the plastic piece above the plate.
View attachment 347630

View attachment 347631
Any help would be appreciated. I'm probably missing something simple. I don't think there's any screws coming up into the piece from bottom, are there?

I have not taken one off in a while, but I thought there were some screws under the bottom holding on the plate, which required me to take off the entire front to get under those plates....

Let me look again....

Should flip it over & it says EXB compatible under it. Has a 3mm hole for stock or EXB up 4mm hole for EXB brace. You may have known that is why you were flipping it.

Last edited:
I assume you wanted to flip it to install an aluminum chassis brace with 4mm threads? If so, looks like you're on the right track.

Ok so I think I'm done for now. Flipped the plate, which now shows EXB compatible, pretty cool.

I installed the EXB aluminum front brace. Had already done the rear previously. I didn't have a button head of the proper screw so I just used a flat head for the interim. I won't be driving it until spring so I'll replace this screw with a proper 12.9 grade button head before then. I also didn't bother using TL until I get the screws I want.
1000002013.jpg

1000002016.jpg

1000002019.jpg

1000002021.jpg

1000002022.jpg

This was the heaviest wrenching experience I've had with RC. I was worried at times, like when I took the hinge pins out and the little half circle plastic bushings/spacers fell out. I took note of how they were on so I could put it back together the same way.

As rough as it feels when things seem to be going wrong, it sure feels great when you complete the job. Appreciate having you guys here. 👍👍

Last edited:
Ok so I think I'm done for now. Flipped the plate, which now shows EXB compatible, pretty cool.

I installed the EXB aluminum front brace. Had already done the rear previously. I didn't have a button head of the proper screw so I just used a flat head for the interim. I won't be driving it until spring so I'll replace this screw with a proper 12.9 grade button head before then. I also didn't bother using TL until I get the screws I want.
View attachment 347644
View attachment 347643
View attachment 347645
View attachment 347649

This was the heaviest wrenching experience I've had with RC. I was worried at times, like when I took the hinge pins out and the little half circle plastic bushings/spacers fell out. I took note of how they were on so I could put it back together the same way.

As rough as it feels when things seem to be going wrong, it sure feels great when you complete the job. Appreciate having you guys here. 👍👍

Sir,
Job well done. 👍🍺

You are on the Right path to wrenching!
Keep it up. 🛠️

I am newer to being on a forum, but with my own experience, I know I was downright intimidated about wrenching at first. I finally dove right in but took my time. I still do. Planning and wrenching is probably my favorite part of this hobby. From here, your confidence will continue to build. With any other upgrades and maintenance, you can always look around and read threads here, as well as ask questions if you're unsure. 👊🏻👍🏻

I am newer to being on a forum, but with my own experience, I know I was downright intimidated about wrenching at first. I finally dove right in but took my time. I still do. Planning and wrenching is probably my favorite part of this hobby. From here, your confidence will continue to build. With any other upgrades and maintenance, you can always look around and read threads here, as well as ask questions if you're unsure. 👊🏻👍🏻
That's the only way to do it. Just jump in the deep end and tear each section down, and then put it back together in reverse order. Keep the parts organized and the one or other odd picture taken during tear down can help out when it comes time to put it back together (I highly recommend doing this if the car is going to be out of commission for a few days or weeks as you wait for spare parts to arrive after a wreck, particularly if still unfamiliar with the specific vehicle in question). And as you said, each time you'll feel more like you know what you're doing and before you know it, it will just feel like routine. Wrenching is fun, dare I say therapeutic. I don't think it's coincidence that the number of people recovering from something or another find their way to RC. As they say, "Idle hands are the Devil's workshop." and I think that, next to creating something out of nothing (well, not nothing, but I think you understand what I mean), fixing something successfully comes in a close second.

You are so right, man. I have been planning this particular job for the last few weeks if you can believe that. Psyching myself out. But I tried to anticipate every issue I might run into. I looked at the explodes over and over (which helps but sometimes hurts my head). Planning it and thinking it out helped a great deal. I was definitely intimidated by this one. It's already very rewarding and I haven't even had it out for a bash yet.

I'm hoping this experience will likely help when I go to check the front diff, which is one of my next jobs before running the rig. Chip away at that stone.

You are so right, man. I have been planning this particular job for the last few weeks if you can believe that. Psyching myself out. But I tried to anticipate every issue I might run into. I looked at the explodes over and over (which helps but sometimes hurts my head). Planning it and thinking it out helped a great deal. I was definitely intimidated by this one. It's already very rewarding and I haven't even had it out for a bash yet.

I'm hoping this experience will likely help when I go to check the front diff, which is one of my next jobs before running the rig. Chip away at that stone.

Don't be afraid.
It's Not rocket science..

Another way to overcome the your fear/nerves is to get your hands on a beater/junker and fix it up.
Nothing to break..
Cause it's a wreck already. 🤣

For example >>
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/

Don't be afraid.
It's Not rocket science..

Another way to overcome the your fear/nerves is to get your hands on a beater/junker and fix it up.
Nothing to break..
Cause it's a wreck already. 🤣

For example >>
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/
I love buying other people's RC junk on Marketplace and fixing it up.... very fun and as @Diem Turner says therapeutic. Just don't overpay, there are almost always hidden costs.

I love buying other people's RC junk on Marketplace and fixing it up.... very fun and as @Diem Turner says therapeutic. Just don't overpay, there are almost always hidden costs.

True.
Need to have Some (prior) RC experience under your belt Before attempting to salvage another person's beater/junker.

But once you know what to look out for, there's Plenty of great deals to be had.

True.
Need to have Some (prior) RC experience under your belt Before attempting to salvage another person's beater/junker.

But once you know what to look out for, there's Plenty of great deals to be had.
True. This is basically what I've learned buying my used Kraton slider. It was a good deal, not abused, & what I learned on my Notorious, I've put into this K6 & I'm still wrenching on it having fun.

Back