Vorteks Advice needed from the Arrma Gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the housings metal too?
No I think those parts are still plastic. If that piece being metal is important to you than I guess the other option is more cost effective than getting like hot racing yokes but I've never had issues with the plastic yokes myself.

No I think those parts are still plastic. If that piece being metal is important to you than I guess the other option is more cost effective than getting like hot racing yokes but I've never had issues with the plastic yokes myself.
I just checked ebay, if I buy 2 they are $47 each so $94 for both metal diffs and housings. I will see if Jennys has a 4S slipper and Im gonna price out some metal cvd’s. All in all Im hoping to spend less than $170 out of pocket. Im glad to see a few guys have run 6s electronics on 4s in these rigs

Being one of those guys that run 6S or have run 6s in a 4S car. The number one thing to fail on me at this time is the output shafts inside the differential.

Being one of those guys that run 6S or have run 6s in a 4S car. The number one thing to fail on me at this time are output shafts inside the differential.
Im gonna run it on 4s only. The reason for over building is to stop heat and to get the necessary torque to get to about 65 mph and have potential to run in grass without cooking the motor.

I bash mine pretty hard and primarily running on 4S 6200 MaH 120c . I will have to put the GPS on mine and see how fast it goes. It’s pretty quick if I can keep it down.

Do you think I can scrap the slipper and stuff in the mojave 4S center diff?
If your goal is to run in grass and not cook he motor the center diff will not really change this. You need a larger motor and esc. I would recommend the 120 or 130amp 4s firma with the 6s 2050 kv motor. You will need a heavy duty motor mount (HR, M2C, or Arrma 4s) and a good motor fan setup. It will still be a challenge in higher turf grass as the resistence will be tough. 65mph will also be tough but start at 20t on 4s and take it from there.

If your goal is to run in grass and not cook he motor the center diff will not really change this. You need a larger motor and esc. I would recommend the 120 or 130amp 4s firma with the 6s 2050 kv motor. You will need a heavy duty motor mount (HR, M2C, or Arrma 4s) and a good motor fan setup. It will still be a challenge in higher turf grass as the resistence will be tough. 65mph will also be tough but start at 20t on 4s and take it from there.
Im going to use the Spektrum 150A esc and 2050kv off my Kraton 6s. I already ordered the cvd’s to replace the plastic axles. Do you think the 20T pinion would cause the motor to cook if I run it on 6S on my little 1/10 Vorteks using the center diff and mojave 4s front and rear diffs?

I still think your problem is going to be weight! What are you gonna do about shocks and spring? The stock vortex will run about 60mph on a good surface. Grass is another world, anytime I run on grass. I have to gear Down two or three teeth. Just so my rigs don’t overheat. Rolling resistance against grass is something that you have to take to consideration when it comes to heat mitigation.

20t should be fine running that little Vorteks. I ran that setup in a BRCC with 20t and 120amp esc and it was fine. No heat issues. The hight and density of the grass is going to be the biggest challenge. If its your grass mow it 2" or below and you should be fine.

Im going to use the Spektrum 150A esc and 2050kv off my Kraton 6s. I already ordered the cvd’s to replace the plastic axles. Do you think the 20T pinion would cause the motor to cook if I run it on 6S on my little 1/10 Vorteks using the center diff and mojave 4s front and rear diffs?

I still think your problem is going to be weight! What are you gonna do about shocks and spring? The stock vortex will run about 60mph on a good surface. Grass is another world, anytime I run on grass. I have to gear Down two or three teeth. Just so my rigs don’t overheat. Rolling resistance against grass is something that you have to take to consideration when it comes to heat mitigation.
I will upgrade the shocks and springs, the goal to not overheat was getting the motor and esc from the K6 and using it on a much lighter vorteks. The center diff idea is just to stop grenading spur gears or the slipper.

20t should be fine running that little Vorteks. I ran that setup in a BRCC with 20t and 120amp esc and it was fine. No heat issues. The hight and density of the grass is going to be the biggest challenge. If its your grass mow it 2" or below and you should be fine.
Thanks, Im not planning on running it in taller grass and the only real grass I run in is usually short.

Back