Vorteks Advice needed from the Arrma Gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethalcobra2k3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Vorteks
I have a Vorteks BLX. I am in the process of upgrading my Kraton 6s v5 and I will have an extra Spektrum 150A esc and the 4074 2050 kv motor. Would it be a bad idea to use that motor and esc on my vorteks but run a 26t pinion and run it only on 4s? Im just looking at more power for my vorteks and I want a few more mph out of it without cooking the stock motor off road

Not familiar with the Voreks. If the K6 motor and ESC will fit, it should work. In theory. My motto has always been, over power, under volt. You can gear up and not run hot. Within reason. I don't know if you can run a 26T pinion.

For example: I took a Typhon mega and got all the BLX parts. Put a 4S Spektrum system in it. Added a 19 or 20T pinion. Still run it on 3S. Runs like a raped ape and stays cool. You'll have to play with the pinion and keep an eye on temps. Find a sweet spot where it doesn't cog and/or run hot. But, wouldn't suggest running more than 4S. You'll just tear up the drive train and open up a whole 'nother can of worms.

I have a Vorteks BLX. I am in the process of upgrading my Kraton 6s v5 and I will have an extra Spektrum 150A esc and the 4074 2050 kv motor. Would it be a bad idea to use that motor and esc on my vorteks but run a 26t pinion and run it only on 4s? Im just looking at more power for my vorteks and I want a few more mph out of it without cooking the stock motor off road
I put that system in my Granite along with the center diff module. It was a tough fit and I had to cut up the receiver box to make it fit. You might not need to cut it up if you stick with the slipper, but that slipper will need to be very very tight to handle the motor. My slipper went ballistic when I put the same system in the Vendetta. It's absolutely bananas on 4s and 6s. It's honestly overkill and a half, but it's pretty fun. Expect to shred your spur, slipper, and diffs quickly if you run it for a while on 4s or 6s. You can get the 4s diffs and slipper if you wanna make it handle it better, but yeah it's crazy.

You can shoehorn it in there and run 4s. Due to the torque things will break quickly.
crash GIF

I had a nig rock 3s on 6s whit the same combo from K6,and incase running a 20,u don't need to go there,if u do be careful because those motors for me has been good,my Mojo still have the SS but never I running a 26 before, I assume it will be hot 🔥 🥵, just ne careful or u going to ended up on jennysrc.com

Driveshafts become an issue at 4s, the arrma CVD's hold up pretty well with shorter arms like the vorteks. Composite spur also will not last long depending on how hard you are on the trigger. The 4s slipper works well. Believe it or not the standard diffs shimmed correctly are not that bad on 4s. Motor mount plate potentially will bend with the heavier motor. Use the thicker 4s motor mount or the M2C plate system. I upgraded a BRCC to 4s a while ago. Good luck.

Driveshafts become an issue at 4s, the arrma CVD's hold up pretty well with shorter arms like the vorteks. Composite spur also will not last long depending on how hard you are on the trigger. The 4s slipper works well. Believe it or not the standard diffs shimmed correctly are not that bad on 4s. Motor mount plate potentially will bend with the heavier motor. Use the thicker 4s motor mount or the M2C plate system. I upgraded a BRCC to 4s a while ago. Good luck.
I plan on using all metal diffs, housings and power module from RCawd on ebay. Im looking into axles now and thanks for mentioning the motor mount, that was one area I hadn’t considered

I plan on using all metal diffs, housings and power module from RCawd on ebay. Im looking into axles now and thanks for mentioning the motor mount, that was one area I hadn’t considered

To be honest, all the money you're investing on metal upgrades for your Vorteks... You could nearly get another 6S rig.

Perhaps, keep the Vorteks stock and just get a 6S Typhon roller to use your ESC & motor combo.

To be honest, all the money you're investing on metal upgrades for your Vorteks... You could nearly get another 6S rig.

Perhaps, keep the Vorteks stock and just get a 6S Typhon roller to use your ESC & motor combo.
Ive already got a 6s kraton and it needs upgrades. My motor and esc are basically free and the complete diffs are only $126 for the pair. The only thing else I might need is driveshafts and I saw a metal set cheap on ebay. Im looking into a motor mount now. I don't really like the look of the typhon and in every thread I read, it doesn't matter what I buy, something always needs upgrades because the stock parts are either inadequate or fail. I kinda beat the crap out of the vorteks and I can get replacement bumpers for $2 and whole new bodies for $23, tire choices are cheap too. Im looking into a Notorious 6s exb soon and if I get really froggy I might buy an 8s rig.

The Vorteks is very reliable. And it's a 3s beast stock. You will make it unreliable with the 6s system, even if you run it on 4s. You are going to be add a lot of weight to it. Just my .02

The Vorteks is very reliable. And it's a 3s beast stock. You will make it unreliable with the 6s system, even if you run it on 4s. You are going to be add a lot of weight to it. Just my .02
Ive already broken some parts, replaced steering blocks, driveshafts, servo, the usual. I wanted it faster without cooking the stock motor and its just not possible so I want to make it as insane as possible. I figured by upgrading the diffs, shocks, motor, esc and installing metal cvd’s I would be ok gearing up slightly and not overheating. I have to keep the punch at 3 or it overheats with the 18t pinion and that sucks. I don't want to gear down and make it slower. Im ok with replacing a few parts now and again. I want to try a metal spur and I found an upgraded motor mount. If the slipper proves to be a repeated issue I will mod it to a center diff setup later. I figure a single 4s lipo would be lighter and easier to fit than two 2s batts. I don't do skate parks so Im not launching 20 ft in the air. I mainly just shred the lawn and low altitude longer distance jumps. Its more about squeezing as much out of this platform than it is about reliability.

I run a 6S system out of k6s as well in my K4s v2 it took me the longest time to figure out the weight difference. I already have most of the upgrades that you speak of. I did get rid of the slipper, clutch and moved to the new K4sV2.5 center differential. Big improvement now if I can just get the thing to steer..

I run a 6S system out of k6s as well in my K4s v2 it took me the longest time to figure out the weight difference. I already have most of the upgrades that you speak of. I did get rid of the slipper, clutch and moved to the new K4sV2.5 center differential. Big improvement now if I can just get the thing to steer..
I just watched a youtube video about how to get a kraton to have 100% of its steering capability. Im using a cheaper servo than he is but the guy really went in depth on it. Arrma uses really squishy servo savers to protect the weak stock servos. Now if you are talking about too much weight transfer to the rear I just did a lot of adjustment to stiffen the rear springs and that kept more on the nose without affecting its ability to backflip. On my vorteks I just added the slightly thicker spring spacers and it does the gangster boogie off the line. My buddy has a rustler 4x4 vxl and I completely roast him in a drag race on and off road but mostly its noticeable off road because all 4 of my tires dig in while his wheelies and gets all squirrelly

LMT servo saver is the best way to go and a 35kg servo. I have tried for a long time to figure out the servo saver situation on the K4SV2. It is as good as it’s going to be.

LMT servo saver is the best way to go and a 35kg servo. I have tried for a long time to figure out the servo saver situation on the K4SV2. It is as good as it’s going to be.
I will try and find a link, the guy did way more than just a servo and saver, his kraton turns on a dime in tall grass with larger tires. I was really impressed

Ive already got a 6s kraton and it needs upgrades. My motor and esc are basically free and the complete diffs are only $126 for the pair. The only thing else I might need is driveshafts and I saw a metal set cheap on ebay. Im looking into a motor mount now. I don't really like the look of the typhon and in every thread I read, it doesn't matter what I buy, something always needs upgrades because the stock parts are either inadequate or fail. I kinda beat the crap out of the vorteks and I can get replacement bumpers for $2 and whole new bodies for $23, tire choices are cheap too.

Im looking into a Notorious 6s exb soon and if I get really froggy I might buy an 8s rig.

Sounds like you know exactly what you're wanting to do sir.

More Power to ya! 💥👊👍

speed GIF by Shotopop

I will try and find a link, the guy did way more than just a servo and saver, his kraton turns on a dime in tall grass with larger tires. I was really impressed
This guy. He spent a lot of time. Im saving a few bucks to do this to my Kraton that currently steers like a school bus with 6 flat tires

If you think that steers bad, you should drive a K4sv2

Ive already got a 6s kraton and it needs upgrades. My motor and esc are basically free and the complete diffs are only $126 for the pair. The only thing else I might need is driveshafts and I saw a metal set cheap on ebay. Im looking into a motor mount now. I don't really like the look of the typhon and in every thread I read, it doesn't matter what I buy, something always needs upgrades because the stock parts are either inadequate or fail. I kinda beat the crap out of the vorteks and I can get replacement bumpers for $2 and whole new bodies for $23, tire choices are cheap too. Im looking into a Notorious 6s exb soon and if I get really froggy I might buy an 8s rig.
Woah woah woah what? 126? You could get the arrma boost box with metal diffs and pinions for 100. https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/front-and-rear-metal-diff-upgrade-set-boost-box/ARA210007.html
I wouldn't get the rc4wd diffs unless they were criminally cheap, especially considering Arrma stock 4s diffs are cheaper.

Back