Air compressor blow gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
This summer I picked up this for my air compressor:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KL0QFI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Love that I don't have to hunch over or be near the dust thats flying off...but it empties my 15 gallon compressor in a matter of seconds. Anyone have a better solution with a smaller nozzle? And yes I tired turning down the output of my compressor but then its not strong enough - nozzle opening is just too big. Thanks!

OSHA limits air guns to 30 psi for eye safety. Turns out, you can use 30 psi air to do everything you ever did before with an air gun, just as well as with high pressure. Less pressure means less volume means lower rate of consumption means less compressor run time. Winning!

Lowering the air pressure wont help with the volume that your blow gun puts out. 15 gallons is alot of volume. You need a low volume blower. There are so many out there. It is trial and error what works for you. Sometimes I just use my leaf blower and paint brush to dust her off. All air compressors will run out at some point. I only have a 5 gallon pancake compressor. It will run out maybe 3 times before my rig is clean enuogh. I use a paint brush to dust off the heavy stuff. I don't rely on the compressor to clean every single nook and cranny. And this can ruin the BB's also. Pushes dirt into them if you are doing this.
OSHA limits air guns to 30 psi for eye safety. Turns out, you can use 30 psi air to do everything you ever did before with an air gun, just as well as with high pressure. Less pressure means less volume means lower rate of consumption means less compressor run time. Winning!
+1

Lowering the air pressure wont help with the volume that your blow gun puts out. 15 gallons is alot of volume. You need a blower. There are so many out there. it is trial and error what works for you. Sometimes I just use my leaf blower and paint bruh to dust her off. All air compressors will run out at some point. I only have a 5 gallon pancake compressor. It will run out maybe 3 times before my rig is clean enuogh. I use a paint brush tp dust off the heavy stuff. I don't rely on the compressor to clean every single nook and cranny. And this can ruin the BB's also. Pushes dirt into them if you are doing this.

+1
Yea I use a leaf blower most of the time instead. And a paint brush and a cement brush for caked on dirt. Guess I'll stick with that then.

Sometimes I drive to my bash spot, and bring my rechargeable Leaf Blower and brush, along to dust them off before I return home. Keeps my car and house cleaner.

20211208_190219.jpg

Sometimes I drive to my bash spot, and bring my rechargeable Leaf Blower and brush, along to dust them off before I return home. Keeps my car and house cleaner.

View attachment 184939
I do the same. Actually bought a small 20V Dewalt leaf blower just for that purpose!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back