Good temp gun brand ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyclifton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What's everyones thoughts on temp gun brands?,million of them all about the same reviews on amazon.i want to know someone who has real world experience with one thats lasted

My Flukes 3 years old takes a beating in my bag and was within 1-2 degrees of sensored temp. Happen to have a pic on my phone I sent to a tech the other day. I think there $149. Work bought mine so didn’t feel expensive. 😂
46ED5D26-5E5E-4454-A000-958BFEEA2DBD.png

+1 for Fluke. I have the 62 Max +. I'm also a quality tool guy with a buy once, cry once mentality. I don't like off brand cheapo :poop:. Good quality testing equipment/tools like this temp gun, multi-meters, etc. can be sent off for calibration if its something that interests you so you know your readings are actually accurate.

I also have a Flir One Pro which I keep meaning to put into my R/C tool box one day to get an overall view of the car.

I use this cheapo. I’m sure it’s not very accurate and sometimes it gets stuck on Celsius. Low quality.

But it’s tiny and fits in my pocket. And I assume the reading is in the ballpark. Super precise temp just isn’t that important for RC IMO.

https://a.co/d/2NxDEOR

I have a $20 Etekcity from Amazon, I have checked it other thermometer around the house and they're all with in a +/- 5 degrees which is close enough for me.

Yep I was going to say Fluke also. But saying that, my cheap one still works.

I have a $20 Etekcity from Amazon, I have checked it other thermometer around the house and they're all with in a +/- 5 degrees which is close enough for me.
Same here, I have a $23 Etekcity, from Amazon. I don't use it much (haven't needed it for RC yet), but I like it. It's worth looking at the distance to spot ratio. Mine is listed as 16:1. As I recall, that means it measures a smaller-diameter spot, vs 8:1. Letting you more precisely measure a certain location.

It has 2 angled lasers, you adjust how far away you're holding it, so the 2 lasers converge on the target, which lets you know you're at the right distance.

Try to pick one with adjustable emissivity. Different materials can require different settings for that. My first IR thermometer was not adjustable for that, so if it was a "bad" material (not close to the fixed emissivity value it used), you were kind of stuck with it being inaccurate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5QVBCU

Same one also. Surprising how many things its useful for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back