Air Modeling Association - Looking for a place for speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Vorteks
Has anyone had luck contacting their local AMA charter about using a runway for speed runs? I am not sure what kind of reception to expect from clubs in my area. The Boulder Aeromodeling Association is closest to me if anyone might be familiar.

Thanks in advance.

I suspect the model runway are too short, this one is only 500 ft.
1686771725633.png

There is another thread on this that just started talking about actual runways.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/any-tips-for-approaching-an-airport-about-speed-runs.63005/

Any municipal airport might be pretty hard to convince them. Maybe a private airport would work.

I know of a decent road in longmont but thats a good 35 mins away from broomfield.

I know of a decent road in longmont but thats a good 35 mins away from broomfield.
Yeah. Driving that far isn’t ideal, but I could make the trip dual purpose. I have gone north to watch my brother in law drive his buggy at the track on the south end of Longmont.

PM me with the spot. I have a Felony arriving tomorrow that I would like to run soonish, when it is not raining. I can’t promise to meet up, but will try.

Also, Jerold, thanks for the point of reference relating to length of runway in Boulder. I assumed the space there is long enough. My bad.

Kinda crazy what you can do with a short road. He got 123 mph on that road and tbh If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back