For those considering a Maxx Slash...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
I learned a lot about this platform from my old Maxx. I had hoped that Traxxas would have included the captured hinge pins on a $700 rig, but surprise! they didn't. If you get one of these trucks, or a Maxx for that matter, you should just go ahead and order these.
20240408_160533.jpg

This is what the Maxx and Maxx slash come with from the factory:
20240408_162018.jpg

My Maxx lost several of these before I learned that I could get the captured hinge pin kit. Which looks like this:
20240408_162556.jpg

At $700, it's pretty pathetic that I had to pay another $25 to have these.

So I got a set of the rear shock mounts to add to the front (which it also should have come with).
20240408_160520.jpg

I highly recommend picking these up as well, to correct the wonky front suspension. I also began the process of cleaning the truck since I had it apart anyway. Before:
20240408_160527.jpg

And after:
20240408_172706.jpg

So overall, I do like this truck, or the basic design of it anyway. I think it has a lot of potential. But it is about $200 more expensive than it should be.

Think of it like this, for $700, you get:

8mm wheel nuts
Plastic hexes
Diabolically bad tires
Plastic shock caps
Traxxas electronics
Plastic geared steering servo
Those stupid hinge pins
The servo saver is way too light
And that's just off the top of my head...

Now compare that list to a 6s Kraton EXB V2 at the exact same price.....
Apples and oranges, I know. But for the money, Traxxas really should have included more.

Like I said, I do very much like this truck, but to make it what it should have been for that price point, it's gonna cost a lot more money. Just my .02 for those considering dropping the coin on one of these.

I learned a lot about this platform from my old Maxx. I had hoped that Traxxas would have included the captured hinge pins on a $700 rig, but surprise! they didn't. If you get one of these trucks, or a Maxx for that matter, you should just go ahead and order these. View attachment 359755
This is what the Maxx and Maxx slash come with from the factory:View attachment 359756
My Maxx lost several of these before I learned that I could get the captured hinge pin kit. Which looks like this:View attachment 359757
At $700, it's pretty pathetic that I had to pay another $25 to have these.

So I got a set of the rear shock mounts to add to the front (which it also should have come with). View attachment 359759
I highly recommend picking these up as well, to correct the wonky front suspension. I also began the process of cleaning the truck since I had it apart anyway. Before:View attachment 359760
And after:View attachment 359758

So overall, I do like this truck, or the basic design of it anyway. I think it has a lot of potential. But it is about $200 more expensive than it should be.

Think of it like this, for $700, you get:

8mm wheel nuts
Plastic hexes
Diabolically bad tires
Plastic shock caps
Traxxas electronics
Plastic geared steering servo
Those stupid hinge pins
The servo saver is way too light
And that's just off the top of my head...

Now compare that list to a 6s Kraton EXB V2 at the exact same price.....
Apples and oranges, I know. But for the money, Traxxas really should have included more.

Like I said, I do very much like this truck, but to make it what it should have been for that price point, it's gonna cost a lot more money. Just my .02 for those considering dropping the coin on one of these.

One of the first mods I did was install the 8940x pins in my Maxx V2. Installation went well but there is a lot of movement in the lower arms.

Waiting for the 10234 shocks mounts to be made available as I cannot find them anywhere.

All the videos I’ve seen on this rig and how much people spent on extras to get it to run nicely is absurd I like the body and look of it but not enough to spend 700 and god knows how much more to make it what it should be like for the 700 price point lol I do like looking at all the comments from the Traxxas fan boys saying nothing is wrong with it and ARRMA fanboys just want to hate on it

Huh. So they kept doing what they did with the E-Maxx. I had to get the ones with e-clips. So light duty compared to the new Maxx. Hopefully after it's all said and done (like usual with this hobby) it will be the tank you were wanting it to be.

IMG_20201117_221554267.jpg

IMG_20201110_155132101.jpg

IMG_20201117_221639955.jpg

IMG_20201117_221726995.jpg

IMG_20201112_153829585~2.jpg

You seem to have a pattern of not liking someone’s personal findings about crapsucks. Why are you here?

Waiting for your manifesto that you were going to send the next morning when you got done watching your crypto. All the photographic evidence of where Traxxas touched you.

I think it’s a pretty reasonable question. When every product you buy from a company lets you down, why keep buying them? The Maxx Slash overall to me was a miss, I didn’t need to buy one to know I wouldn’t like it.

Waiting for your manifesto that you were going to send the next morning when you got done watching your crypto. All the photographic evidence of where Traxxas touched you.

I think it’s a pretty reasonable question. When every product you buy from a company lets you down, why keep buying them? The Maxx Slash overall to me was a miss, I didn’t need to buy one to know I wouldn’t like it.
Yeah I already slapped the crap out of you in that thread, want me to post it back up, Chief?

I think my question is reasonable too, why are you here?! Do they pay you? Are you the crapsucks nipple baby?

Yeah I already slapped the crap out of you in that thread, want me to post it back up, Chief?

I think my question is reasonable too, why are you here?! Do they pay you? Are you the crapsucks nipple baby?

You said you were too busy to explain anything because you are smarter? Or the memories were too painful. I can’t remember but yeah … you really slapped the crap out of me.

And no, sadly Traxxas doesn’t pay me, but nipple baby? I’m not sure I want to know what Traxxas did to you anymore.

😞 The arguments are unfortunate. Need some high spirits. Some levity or something! Anything except the serious tragedy of that dastardly, fiendish T brand! JK. Or, am I? Shall we perform an exorcism? Get ARRMA Constantine in here.

Don't hate each other. Be supportive. We're all on the same rock in the middle of nowhere. Where is the solar system and galaxy? Where is the universe? Take away every atom, every bit of phenomena within the infinite vastness of space and you'd notice that any area/spot is the same. Perhaps, location is just a concept 🤔. Maybe all phenomena is just an externalization from delusion. Maybe this whole reality and everyone in it is a phantasmagoric projection of indefinable nothingness experiencing a 'hallucination' by default? So, maybe when we fight, we're only fighting with ourself.

😞 The arguments are unfortunate. Need some high spirits. Some levity or something! Anything except the serious tragedy of that dastardly, fiendish T brand! JK. Or, am I? Shall we perform an exorcism? Get ARRMA Constantine in here.

Don't hate each other. Be supportive. We're all on the same rock in the middle of nowhere. Where is the solar system and galaxy? Where is the universe? Take away every atom, every bit of phenomena within the infinite vastness of space and you'd notice that any area/spot is the same. Perhaps, location is just a concept 🤔. Maybe all phenomena is just an externalization from delusion. Maybe this whole reality and everyone in it is a phantasmagoric projection of indefinable nothingness experiencing a 'hallucination' by default? So, maybe when we fight, we're only fighting with ourself.

Profound and concise statement, Master @Shadows

One of the first mods I did was install the 8940x pins in my Maxx V2. Installation went well but there is a lot of movement in the lower arms.

Waiting for the 10234 shocks mounts to be made available as I cannot find them anywhere.
The 10234 shock mounts are available on eBay. That's where I got mine. I looked this morning, and they're still available on there.

All the videos I’ve seen on this rig and how much people spent on extras to get it to run nicely is absurd I like the body and look of it but not enough to spend 700 and god knows how much more to make it what it should be like for the 700 price point lol I do like looking at all the comments from the Traxxas fan boys saying nothing is wrong with it and ARRMA fanboys just want to hate on it
That's exactly why I bought one. Well, that and I'm going to cannibalize it for a later project. I wanted to see for myself, and show if it's good or bad. I like Traxxas. I have quite a few of their rigs, a couple of which are among my favorites. But I'll tell the truth if they pulled a fast one here. (Spoiler alert, they did.)

You seem to have a pattern of not liking Traxxas rigs, so I’m not sure why you buy them?
I actually do like Traxxas rigs, my XRT and Xmaxx are two of my favorites, and I have a Slash that is my go-to for 1/10 bashing. I actually really like this one. The issue is the price, and what you are getting for your money. I knew I'd be spending the money on this rig as soon as I saw it, because of a project I'm wanting to build later. I'm lucky enough to have the budget to do so. But for a kid that has to save up for a long time to buy a new rig once or twice a year, they need to know what they're getting into with this one, and reviews online are a mixed bag, so I thought I'd share my observations.

Last edited:
Ok fellers. Got her put back together. I decided to strip it completely down, and check it out for any damage, as well as look for areas to improve. Truth be told, I bashed this thing like it owed me money the other day. Not because I wanted it to break, but because I knew I could, and it wouldn't break. I've owned a Maxx. These things are insanely tough. After my teardown, I'm happy to report zero damage. I even had the thing lawn dart from a height that would have made me cringe with my MT10. Even the body still looks presentable.

So I've installed the front shock mounts, and tomorrow my new tires and wheels come in. All that's left to do before the next thrashing, I mean test... is to cut some holes in the body so it doesn't parachute so bad, and I think I'm going to go with a heavier shock oil, front and rear. I'll let you guys know how it goes. If I can make this thing handle, I may just have to buy a second one to build my project out of lol.
20240409_195417.jpg

20240409_200505.jpg

Back